Limits on lotion or conditioner type items?

Alwaysoncountdown

We will be visiting Roatan in April. On our stop there, our family will be visiting the Sandy Bay Lighthouse ministries children's home. They provide a list of donation needs each month. I'm not sure what the needs will be next month but I'm trying to plan ahead. Right now they need lotion and hair conditioner. I am planning to pack a bag just for this stop. Has anyone had any issues with large quantities of these types of products when boarding? I want to help but would hate to see it confiscated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be visiting Roatan in April. On our stop there, our family will be visiting the Sandy Bay Lighthouse ministries children's home. They provide a list of donation needs each month. I'm not sure what the needs will be next month but I'm trying to plan ahead. Right now they need lotion and hair conditioner. I am planning to pack a bag just for this stop. Has anyone had any issues with large quantities of these types of products when boarding? I want to help but would hate to see it confiscated. Thanks.

Are you flying to your cruise embarkation port? The airlines would require those items to be in checked luggage. I have not heard of Carnival restricting them. Considering the recent press over terrorist threats in health and beauty products such as toothpaste, you might want to pack a note in your luggage along with the items stating their purpose just in case TSA or Carnival searches your checked bags.

You also might consider notifying Carnival in advance of your cruise just in case. An ounce of prevention can be worth a pound of cure. This could be one of those situations where asking forgiveness instead of permission might not be the best approach in light of safety concerns. If there are any issues, you might consider giving the charity the cash equivalent instead.

Have a great cruise!

We will be driving so we won't have the flight concerns. We will be taking other items such shoes, notebooks ect. So it won't be a ton of liquid product. Maybe one for each of the twelve kids. I had thought about contacting Carnival but I never have confidence that the person answering the phones has any idea of what happens in the real world.

Putting a note in is a great idea and may be just one of a few steps. We will be doing a cash donation. However, they provide lists of things they need so I'm guessing we can purchase many of their needed items cheaper than they can locally. Also this is a great service project for our church youth to help gather the items.