Are people nuts? Check the latest Divina review!

flahagan

Just read the latest review for the Divina and I have to say I'm just flabbergasted.

This person will NEVER sail MSC again because there wasn't fresh pineapple and an eggs-made-to-order station in the buffet. He/she was in the Yacht Club and it was over-the-top wonderful, but never will sail MSC again.

He/she only made it to one show, the Michael Jackson one, and she wasn't impressed by the impersonator, but the other singers were fantastic.

The ship was gorgeous, but there wasn't a giant-screen TV in the atrium (?)

The food was just "terrible" although he/she never made it to the MDR. However, the food and service in Le Muse was outstanding.

Without a doubt, this is the most schizophrenic review I've ever read. The head honchos must be shaking their heads over this one.

Please, MSC, give us Americans a chance - most of us will be very appreciative.

What amazed me most about this review is that the reviewer thought nearly everything was "fantastic" or stunning, but said the food was terrible, although he/she never ate in the MDR.

Could the lack of an omelette station in the buffet seriously cause one to say "never again on MSC"?!!!

I really appreciate when people take the time to write and try to give a fair review, but this was ridiculous. It made absolutely no sense, and yet it helps bring down the percentage of "likes".

Obviously the review was not read properly by the original poster of this thread and not at all by some of the people who replied. I agree that some people really leave some crazy reviews, but this thread makes me envision a bunch of gossipy women sitting around a table, taking everything out of proportion. READ THE REVIEW.

Perhaps I am the one who misunderstood it, I've been wrong more than once, but the bottom line that I got from it is the reviewer would never sail MSC again because sailing in the yacht club this time was an extravagance they cannot afford again and they did not like much of anything other than the yacht club.

I don't expect everyone to like the same things I do. We all have choices. I'm glad they left a review. And for the person who said the overall score goes down, this reviewer rated the cruise 5 stars overall.

It's really not a valid opinion when you take things out of context and jump to conclusions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just read the latest review for the Divina and I have to say I'm just flabbergasted.

This person will NEVER sail MSC again because there wasn't fresh pineapple and an eggs-made-to-order station in the buffet. He/she was in the Yacht Club and it was over-the-top wonderful, but never will sail MSC again.

He/she only made it to one show, the Michael Jackson one, and she wasn't impressed by the impersonator, but the other singers were fantastic.

The ship was gorgeous, but there wasn't a giant-screen TV in the atrium (?)

The food was just "terrible" although he/she never made it to the MDR. However, the food and service in Le Muse was outstanding.

Without a doubt, this is the most schizophrenic review I've ever read. The head honchos must be shaking their heads over this one.

Please, MSC, give us Americans a chance - most of us will be very appreciative.

???

Edited by fp60

Obviously the review was not read properly by the original poster of this thread and not at all by some of the people who replied. I agree that some people really leave some crazy reviews, but this thread makes me envision a bunch of gossipy women sitting around a table, taking everything out of proportion. READ THE REVIEW.

Perhaps I am the one who misunderstood it, I've been wrong more than once, but the bottom line that I got from it is the reviewer would never sail MSC again because sailing in the yacht club this time was an extravagance they cannot afford again and they did not like much of anything other than the yacht club.

I don't expect everyone to like the same things I do. We all have choices. I'm glad they left a review. And for the person who said the overall score goes down, this reviewer rated the cruise 5 stars overall.

It's really not a valid opinion when you take things out of context and jump to conclusions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I read the review and it was schizophrenic in its delivery,

FOOD: This was NOT good. We were so glad that we could eat in The Muse restaurant for breakfast and supper. We did not use the Main Dining Room and I expect the food there was the same as The Muse so that food would have been good.
:confused: the food was not good but if its like Le Muse then it would have been good.

The buffet however was a different story…TERRIBLE to say the least. No people preparing made-to-order eggs or omelettes; the eggs were pre-cooked and sitting under heat lamps. All the other food was the same except for the carving station which was good. The set-up of the buffet is horrible; over-crowded and confusing. There are about eight different entrances so you get very disorientated when you are walking around.

The set up of the food was not what we are used to. The carving station was surrounded by bread, soup and pasta. The hot side dishes like potatoes and vegetables were at another station about 50 feet away!

There was tea, coffee, water and juice but no hot chocolate mix.

There was no fresh pineapple and only occasional watermelon. Instead there were whole apples and oranges? There were whole pineapples as part of the décor but they were not being served. Once there was CANNED pineapple and canned pears and that is pretty bad for what I presumed was a higher end cruise.

At lunch and supper there were pre-made hamburgers, hotdogs and French fries which were all in cardboard boxes under heat lamps. You would think you were in MacDonald’s. I tried one hamburger and it was lukewarm and the bun was naturally mushy since it had been in a box with the burger for a while. Gross.

The best part of the buffet was the bread which was all freshly baked on board and very tasty.

So is the FOOD terrible ? Or is the design, crowding and lack of some foods terrible? Or Both? I wonder how different this review would have been if they had avoided the Buffet?

If the food in the MDR was similar to what was served in The Muse restaurant then you were in for a treat: salmon, prime rib, beef filet, duck, lamb, and even mackerel.
OK sounds good. where is this terrible food, the buffet I guess?

But you are correct they do seem only to like the YC and its to much of an extravagance.

So we will not be sailing with MSC again as the Yacht Club was a one-time extravagance for us. Without that we would have been miserable.
Miserable!!! That's pretty bad...

To me the review was not really straight forward, the Yc was good enough to make them rate the cruise 5 stars but everything else was awful.

Edited by legion3

The reviewer had a right to their opinion, no I don't agree with it, and I see it much like most of you!

But attacking that person with name calling, etc., over an opinion that you and I disagree with?

Honestly I enjoy the reviews just as much that I totally disagree with!

Reviews are so subjective. And sometimes seasoned cruisers are the worst. You have to learn to take what comes, and be thankful you are able to do what some people only dream of. You won't hear me complain that there were only yellow packages of sweetner and not pink. Doug

Reviews are so subjective. And sometimes seasoned cruisers are the worst. You have to learn to take what comes, and be thankful you are able to do what some people only dream of. You won't hear me complain that there were only yellow packages of sweetner and not pink. Doug

Now I would complain about that, always use the yellow never the pink. Who doesn't have yellow these days. :eek: Now that would make me miserable. :D

Yes, schizophrenic, that's exactly what came to mind. I love a balanced review, the good and the bad, but this was so over-the-top strange that I actually read it aloud to my hubby, who just looked confused. You either like something or you don't. If you don't like it and "miserable" is a word you use to describe it, you shouldn't give it 5 stars. Just very strange. Sorry if I offended anyone, didn't intend to.