just got off Enchantment

jackie101

Wanted to write up a little review and answer any questions since you were all so helpful.

Went on the 4night Enchantment cruise 2/17-2/21-Our last RC cruise was 16yrs ago, a lot has changed good and bad

There were 6 of us, 4 children 2 adults had 2 ocean view rooms they were supposed to be connecting, but come to find out my travel agent dropped the ball on that. Which is another whole story :mad:

We arrived at Port Can about 10:45

check in was a breeze, you get off your shuttle and they take your luggage right away and we went thru security and was on the ship by 11:30.

We did the all inclusive prem package (so worth it) for myself and husband and for 3 of the kids unlimited soda package, my daughter doesn't drink soda. The soda cups were in the room so the kids could just show cards to get soda at the bar and my husband and I could start enjoying drinks immediately

Lunch was packed and slightly unorganized

Our rooms were ready by 1;30 and luggage showed about about 1;45.

We had the 1st sitting for dinner, which all 4 nights service and food were perfect.

The ship was full and there was a group of about 500 Argentina 15yr old girls that ran rampant with only a few adult chaperones. One of the waiters told us this a common thing. They were so ill behaved. At all the buffets they would cut everyone. The first morning at the breakfast buffet was a night mare. We couldn't get a seat, the waitstaff wouldn't help, the service was horrendous. My son asked for a spoon and a waitress told him to look for one :eek:. They do not serve you coffee or clear tables, it was awful. The food was great though. Off to Coco Cay, which was beautiful. The lunch beach bbq was another nightmare. Huge line and again the 15yr old girls were cutting by the 50 and the waitstaff had no control over it. We gave up on that and went back to ship to eat, which was great. The 2nd morning breakfast was much more organized. Off to bahamas, we did the Blue Laggoon Dolphin swim which was amazing. made it back to ship for lunch and again the teens overtook that. Picking up desserts by their hand and then putting them down:mad:. The day at sea was a lot of fun. The movies at night were good, the shows were just ok. Overall we had a blast, didn't think the service was that good, I felt like everything was extra. At dinner my son ordered a shake that was listed on kids menu, which was an extra charge:eek:.Cappuccino again an extra charge, hello it is coffee with steamed milk. My 10yr old twins went to kid club for an hr and said it was boring. They had rock climbing and trampoline bungee at limited times. Not a lot for the kids to do besides the pool. The arcade again was a rip off, games were $1.45-2.25 per game:eek:. They should have a free game room for the kids. they did enjoy ping pong.

We did the seat down breakfast twice which was great. We did the carry off your own luggage which was fine.

We also did the unlimited photo package which came with all your photod on a disk, so worth it. There were photographers everywhere and we all dressed up every night and got some great pictures. All in all we had a blast, but service is not the same as it was 16yrs ago. We have been to 3 all inclusive with the kids in Mexico and service was so much better. Ex. walking back to your table juggling plates the waiters on the cruise would just walk by you at the all inclusive the take the plates from you and follow you to your table, get you coffee/juice/water. Any questions ask away and sorry if I am allover the place

Thank you for your review.

I am surprised that the girls were just allowed to cause so many issues and nothing was done to resolve it. I hope that it didn't detract too much from your overall enjoyment of your holiday.

Jo :)

Thank you for the review. I am going on this cruise in 1 week and I am so excited. How was the weather? Also do you have any copies of the cruise compasses and do you remember if the first night in the dinning room was the Mojo menu? Any food recommendations at dinner? Any infor would help.

Thank you for the review. I am going on this cruise in 1 week and I am so excited. How was the weather? Also do you have any copies of the cruise compasses and do you remember if the first night in the dinning room was the Mojo menu? Any food recommendations at dinner? Any infor would help.

The weather was perfect, 80 and no wind besides in Bahamas there was a light wind. The day at sea was 80-82 and at night it was perfect for the outdoor movie. For dinner we ate in My Fair Lady every night and the menu changed nightly. We didn't save any compasses. Not sure what the Mojo menu is lol

Thank you for your review.

I am surprised that the girls were just allowed to cause so many issues and nothing was done to resolve it. I hope that it didn't detract too much from your overall enjoyment of your holiday.

Jo :)

It was crazy, I imagine rc will be getting many complaint emails/calls this week. Everyone you spoke to was upset, but it didn't ruin our cruise if that makes sense

It was crazy, I imagine rc will be getting many complaint emails/calls this week. Everyone you spoke to was upset, but it didn't ruin our cruise if that makes sense

I completely understand what you are saying :) So pleased you enjoyed your cruise.

The mojo menu served the mojo pork chops, horseradish salmon, seafood spaghetti, almond cake, carrot cake. Just wondering if that was served on the first night.

Yes, that's been the first night menu on our cruises on Enchantment.

I read everything I can get my hands on about Enchantment so Thank You!

That's a bummer about the extra large group. We've dealt with those types of groups at Disney and it's a nightmare but at least you can change plans and avoid them on land!

Mind if I ask a few questions?

Did you snorkel or otherwise do any of the excursions on Coco Cay?

What did you do in the Bahamas with the kids?

What were the movies by the pool? I'm not sure how often this changes but I haven't heard about any movies for awhile.

thanks again :)

Wow sorry to hear about the girls. Makes me glad we went the week before. I had 3 of my own between 12-17 and there were on 19 total in that age group the week of 10-14. My kids wanted more kids but sounds like that would have been way too many.

We had those 15 year old Argentines on our Dawn cruise last year. Little did they know, but our daughter and her friend know Spanish, and could understand the rude girls laughing to each other about what they were getting away with. After that, whenever they would cut in line, I would gently pull them out and point to the back of the line.

Better than the looks I got from the little urchins, were the cheers I got from others in line.

I read everything I can get my hands on about Enchantment so Thank You!

That's a bummer about the extra large group. We've dealt with those types of groups at Disney and it's a nightmare but at least you can change plans and avoid them on land!

Mind if I ask a few questions?

Did you snorkel or otherwise do any of the excursions on Coco Cay?

What did you do in the Bahamas with the kids?

What were the movies by the pool? I'm not sure how often this changes but I haven't heard about any movies for awhile.

thanks again :)

Sure

we didn't snorkel. On Coco Cay the kids did the inflatables and water slide and loved it.

Moves-cloudy w/ chance of meatballs 2, caption Philips, Catching fire

Bahamas we did swimming with dolphins at Blue Lagoon, which was awesome.

Our kids ages 13,12, and 10yr old twins

We had those 15 year old Argentines on our Dawn cruise last year. Little did they know, but our daughter and her friend know Spanish, and could understand the rude girls laughing to each other about what they were getting away with. After that, whenever they would cut in line, I would gently pull them out and point to the back of the line.

Better than the looks I got from the little urchins, were the cheers I got from others in line.

:D, they were awful. We did also push back. Felt so bad for the older folks:(

If I was rc I would not allow them on the ship. it wasn't just 1-2 cutting, they cut in herds of 20 or more. They took over the entire beach bbq

Now that I think about it when we got off the cruise on Feb 14th we spent 3 days at Universal Studios and there was a huge group of girls that all had back packs all over those parks, I bet it was the same group. It seemed like they had 1 adult to about 50 girls and they were running all over the park.

I can sympathize with you OP. Unfortunately I was on a cruise with one of those Brazilian teen girl groups on Carnival once.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:) so brutal, my boys so more naked bums in 4 days then in their entire lifetime. 500 15yrs olds in g-strings running rampart and doing sexy dances at the pool :eek:

Now that I think about it when we got off the cruise on Feb 14th we spent 3 days at Universal Studios and there was a huge group of girls that all had back packs all over those parks, I bet it was the same group. It seemed like they had 1 adult to about 50 girls and they were running all over the park.

That was them. There bags were pink and said fun time. We did hear they made a rukus at Universal too. I only saw 5 chaperones and 3 of the guys looked about 18