Dining Policy Norwegian Breakaway

Anneinmanhattan

I decided today to leave Sunday on the Norwegian Breakaway for seven-day trip to Bahamas. My question: I'm alone and don't want to dine alone. I am used to traveling on Cunard where one is assigned a table with other passengers. Since Norwegian has a dine at any time policy, will I be seated alone in the "free" dining areas or can I ask to sit with other passengers.

Also can I bring one bottle of wine with me? Agent said I'd have to pay a corkage fee even if I decided to drink it in my cabin. Is this true or is fee only if I bring it to dining room? Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if Breakaway has improved the waiting time to dine in its Manhattan dining room. Reviews say it can be more than an hour to wait. What is the best time to dine to avoid such lines.

When you speak to the dining room hostess, when you get to the dining room, just tell her you'd like to share a table. Then you'll be seated with others.

Haven't been on NCL for a while but you used to be able to reserve a time-but when I asked it was for 5:30 or 9:30, times we're not interested in. You can ask about this when you board. If you go to a pay restaurant you likely will be seated by yourself but you do reserve a time here. Maybe if you meet someone on board you can dine here together.

The most popular times for dining are from 7:30 to 8:30. The menus are the same in the ship's dining room but are different in the restaurants you have to pay for.

You must bring wine in your carry on. We were charged the corkage fee before we got on the ship, after our carry ons were x-rayed. We don't bring wine aboard anymore. I just carry my glass from a bar to the dining room and/or order a glass there.

I noticed on our Breakaway trip last year that there was a sign at the customer services desk that you could sign up to join other cruisers for meals

The corkage fee of $15 per bottle applies whether you drink the wine in your cabin or restaurant-you pay on entering the ship.You can bring as many bottles as you like and pay $15 per 75cl bottle

Where do I find it?

Scroll on down the main Cruise Critic (CC) page and you will find forums for each cruise line. You may also find some help by searching using the "search CC" feature at top right main page. Try "dining NCL Breakaway" - you may or may not get a list of posts.

Have a great time.

I decided today to leave Sunday on the Norwegian Breakaway for seven-day trip to Bahamas. My question: I'm alone and don't want to dine alone. I am used to traveling on Cunard where one is assigned a table with other passengers. Since Norwegian has a dine at any time policy, will I be seated alone in the "free" dining areas or can I ask to sit with other passengers.

Also can I bring one bottle of wine with me? Agent said I'd have to pay a corkage fee even if I decided to drink it in my cabin. Is this true or is fee only if I bring it to dining room? Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if Breakaway has improved the waiting time to dine in its Manhattan dining room. Reviews say it can be more than an hour to wait. What is the best time to dine to avoid such lines.

You can ask to be seated with others, but the chances are it won't happen. The only way they will seat you with others is if someone else asks for the same at the same time your there. Corkage is for any wine brought aboard. Did you book a studio? If so, there will be group dining arranged if you wish. There is a social hour every day for the singles and they ask if you want to join for dinner.