Tips on the NCL Sun

johnnyd

Leaving on a cruise in about 2 weeks on the Sun. Please post any tips and thoughts concerning the ship. I just found out today, that there isn't a Blue Lagoon.

The Sports Bar serves wings, hamburgers etc from 5:30pm to 5:30am. It has an awesome view with ceiling to floor windows on one side. It is aft, next to buffet.

Can be entered from Great Outdoors.

Great Outdoors has buffet food breakfast and lunch with usually shorter lines.

The Spinnaker is Observation Lounge on top deck bow and also has a small outdoor area excellent for photo taking when entering port.

One dining room is accessible only by aft elevator or stairs. It is slightly more formal and usually less crowded.

We have cruised long cruises on the Sun and really liked her, even though the layout of some decks is a bit strange. We got used to it.

The Observation Lounge was one of our favorite places...during the day and we liked the band at night. I don't know if they are still playing, but the band we liked was Brilliant Band. Also, starting around 5 pm, (I think), the Garden Cafe makes crepes which were delicious! They also serve scooped ice cream, and often had some type of cobbler.

We LOVED the Sun! Yes, some of the deck layouts were a bit strange, but we quickly got used to it!

The Observation Lounge was one of our favorite places...during the day and we liked the band at night. I don't know if they are still playing, but the band we liked was Brilliant Band. Also, starting around 5 pm, (I think), the Garden Cafe makes crepes which were delicious! They also serve scooped ice cream, and often had some type of cobbler.

We LOVED the Sun! Yes, some of the deck layouts were a bit strange, but we quickly got used to it!

The crepes and ice cream was my favorite desert. I even stopped by there a few times after eating at another venue. I also enjoyed having breakfast or lunch at the great outdoors. The other thing i noticed is that with the Sun being a smaller ship we got to know alot of people as they would always pass through the pool deck etc.

Moderno's is a great place for breakfast. Not crowded, they make waffles, and fry eggs or omlet to order. Also have scramble & boiled egss, sausage, bacon, french toast, pancakes, cereals, fruits, sweet rolls, coffee, juice, tea... Advertized as "continental" breakfast.

Four seasons MRD ask for George. Please tell him the folks who ordered the Key Lime pie on the 12 cruise said hello. :D (We had Key Lime pie special ordered for 10 twice.)

Enjoy your trip.

Edited by debnjoe1438

Any quiet places on the Sun, good for reading a book or puzzling? I noticed the library is small and doesn't appear to have much seating, if any.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I found the forward observation lounge to be pretty quiet. Find a nice corner and curl up in a chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any quiet places on the Sun, good for reading a book or puzzling? I noticed the library is small and doesn't appear to have much seating, if any.

Oh, the library tables usually filled with people playing table games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the day I noticed people in the Observation Lounge enjoying quiet time.

Leaving on a cruise in about 2 weeks on the Sun. Please post any tips and thoughts concerning the ship. I just found out today, that there isn't a Blue Lagoon.

Who needs the Blue Lagoon when you have a unique Tapas Bar?