Getaway ~ Best & Biggest Balcony Aft Facing Cabins?

Glendy

Any of the aft suites are wonderful. Watching the wake at sunset is so beautiful. A quiet time to reflect where you have been and remind you of all the future adventures yet to come, not only on the boat, but in life. It always brings a tear to my eye. In fact my eyes are getting watery just thinking about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Hi Glendy,

My husband and I sailed on the Breakaway in 11308 and loved the balcony so much we booked that same cabin for our upcoming Getaway cruise. This cabin may not have the biggest aft balcony but it was pretty darn huge! We have some pictures which really tell the story if you want to see them.

I am not sure how to post pictures on a thread but I will try, or send me your email address and I can send them that way.

Hi. I am staying on that balcony on the Breakaway. Could you send me the pictures. soar222@yahoo Thank you!!!! Did you like the second balcony opening from the bedroom?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi!

I booked Cabin 12908 on The Getaway. Is thre a diffeene between 12908 and 12906???

I was in 12908 on Breakaway and believe this will be the same for Getaway. In 12908 the bed is closer to the closet. In 12906 the bed is closer to the balcony.

• 3 months later...
Hi What did you think of your cabin & Balcony - 12906? what is the bed location? We are booked on the Getaway in June.

It was a fantastic stateroom. The bed is next to the balcony doors.

Edited by Glendy

9318 on the Getaway is one of the largest with bed by the balcony. Also on port side where the fireworks are displayed!!! We have this balcony on Sat and it will be the second time we have had it. Love it!!!!

Did you feel as though the extension that covers deck 8 obstructed your view at all? That was my only concern with deck 9.

I've booked cabin 13308 with the assurance that it had a larger balcony than most other aft facing balconies, excluding suites, of course.

Now that I've done a little more research and seen real pictures, it appears that the exact opposite is true.

A larger balcony is much more important to my husband and I than the size of the stateroom.

Any opinions?

From my understanding, you really won't get a "larger" balcony unless you upgrade to mini suite, spa suite or haven. From all the great reviews I've heard about this ship, the one reoccurring comment has been small balconies. My wife and I are booked for the Feb 28th cruise, we have a balcony room on deck 9. Maybe ask yourself why a larger balcony is so important to you and your husband. For my wife and I, we will most likely use our balcony twice a day. Once in the morning for coffee, and again at night before bed. Not much time being spent there. This ship seems to have a lot to offer else where, i would hate to hear that balcony size would ruin your trip!! Unless it is really that important to you, which it very well could be. Either way I hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

From my understanding, you really won't get a "larger" balcony unless you upgrade to mini suite, spa suite or haven. From all the great reviews I've heard about this ship, the one reoccurring comment has been small balconies. My wife and I are booked for the Feb 28th cruise, we have a balcony room on deck 9. Maybe ask yourself why a larger balcony is so important to you and your husband. For my wife and I, we will most likely use our balcony twice a day. Once in the morning for coffee, and again at night before bed. Not much time being spent there. This ship seems to have a lot to offer else where, i would hate to hear that balcony size would ruin your trip!! Unless it is really that important to you, which it very well could be. Either way I hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

Our ship has sailed! I started this thread almost a year ago.

All aft facing balconies are much larger than any mini suite or haven suite balcony that is not aft facing. They are exactly the type of balcony we love. We had a glorious time. If given a choice we would always choose an aft facing balcony.

9318 on the Getaway is one of the largest with bed by the balcony. Also on port side where the fireworks are displayed!!! We have this balcony on Sat and it will be the second time we have had it. Love it!!!!

We have this cabin booked on the Breakaway in July. Can you see the fireworks well from it? We were going to book a large balcony at first, and figured we'd book port side to be able to watch the fireworks. When we decided to get the aft, I wasn't sure whether we'd be able to watch the fireworks from our own balcony. That would make me so very happy! :D

We have this cabin booked on the Breakaway in July. Can you see the fireworks well from it? We were going to book a large balcony at first, and figured we'd book port side to be able to watch the fireworks. When we decided to get the aft, I wasn't sure whether we'd be able to watch the fireworks from our own balcony. That would make me so very happy! :D

I could see a little bit of the fireworks from the starboard side aft facing balcony. I bet you'll be just fine port side aft facing. Enjoy!

6510cbfd-f3d8-417a-9feb-4d448f9866d8_zpsndxh6fed.jpg

Getaway 9920 has a very large balcony as you can see from this photo. We didn't spend a lot of time on the balcony because there is SO much to do on the ship. Did bring out bed pillows and take a couple power naps - needed to try to stay awake for the night life.

We did have some soot on this balcony but not enough to be a problem. Next time I would book stateroom with bed by the balcony instead of bed by the closet. After experiencing both setups it is our preference due to easier access to closet. I would probably go with a deck 11 bed by balcony aft facing stateroom. It is my understanding the deck 11 balconies are just a little smaller.

In case you havent gotten a good answer, I cruised the getaway last year for my honeymoon and had room 11912. The guy on the phone talked me out of the 13th floor and into the 11th, as its higher and more prone to noise/debris. Our room was fantastic. It wasnt the center balcony, but it was just to the right (ships right). Code B1

I actually just rebooked it for our first anniversary and going on May 23. Its so large, that we had two lounge chairs and I believe even two normal chairs with a table.

Its also plenty private and gets enough sun to where you can sunbathe in your birthday suit if ya want!

Also, since someone asked, room 11912 is only a room w/ a big balcony, no separate rooms so its just thru the normal door.

Edited by datamunk
update to access

• 2 weeks later...
In case you havent gotten a good answer, I cruised the getaway last year for my honeymoon and had room 11912. The guy on the phone talked me out of the 13th floor and into the 11th, as its higher and more prone to noise/debris. Our room was fantastic. It wasnt the center balcony, but it was just to the right (ships right). Code B1

I actually just rebooked it for our first anniversary and going on May 23. Its so large, that we had two lounge chairs and I believe even two normal chairs with a table.

Its also plenty private and gets enough sun to where you can sunbathe in your birthday suit if ya want!

Also, since someone asked, room 11912 is only a room w/ a big balcony, no separate rooms so its just thru the normal door.

Awesome! I have this room booked for October!! Where is the bed in this one?

we had room 11912 two weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC. the bed is by the closet, then the sofa, then the balcony....two loungers, two chairs and a table, and still PLENTY of room to walk around. It's been my favorite ship and my favorite room we've ever had other than the owners suite on the POA. Enjoy!

When you walk into the room the bathroom is on your immediate right. Then the closet (perpindicular to balcony) and then the bed to your right, then the sofa. On the left in front of bed is tv and to the right of it (just before the balcony) is a little desk area. Great spot to toss a pack or two of bottled water! Hope that helps lol