Anyone ever request low salt diet in the MDR?

wickedhangover

It worked very well. On Carnival, Feb/14, at dinner you get to see the next day menu and make your choices for breakfast, lunch and supper in the MDR. The assumption here is that the MDR is open at lunch time. Let your server know and arrangements are handled by the hostess. At dinner, your server is aware of the request, at breakfast/lunch, at the entrance let the hostess know you have a special request and a chit is given to the server at your table.

As a point of interest, for breakfast I had pre-ordered eggs benedict, sausages and corned beef hash. The experienced server let me know that the bacon/ham in the eggs benedict, the sausages and corned beef hash had sodium (which I know) and my breakfast was minus these items. He was enforcing my request for low sodium. After this I had cereal/fruit.

Interested as well. Just booked another cruise today. Husband has just been dx. with kidney failure and can have NO added salt. Going to contact Carnival on Monday and see what arrangements need to be made. I'll let you know what I find out.

Sorry to hear about your husband the no salt added may not be a problem in the MDR but at the buffet on the lido and if he is that sensitive to salt I would keep away from the food It has tons of salt added to the food. I watch my salt intake also and I can taste the salt in the food on the lido deck.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

Sorry to hear about your husband the no salt added may not be a problem in the MDR but at the buffet on the lido and if he is that sensitive to salt I would keep away from the food It has tons of salt added to the food. I watch my salt intake also and I can taste the salt in the food on the lido deck.

Gary

Yes, I know. We knew when booking that this was going to be an issue. But Carnival has always been very accommodating so hoped it wouldn't be a problem. My hubby LOVES to eat his breakfast out on the balcony so I figure I can go to lido and get him some fresh scrambled eggs at the omelet station and will probably bring our own homemade bread so he can still enjoy that too. No more room service breakfasts :( but he can still enjoy on balcony.

Yes, I know. We knew when booking that this was going to be an issue. But Carnival has always been very accommodating so hoped it wouldn't be a problem. My hubby LOVES to eat his breakfast out on the balcony so I figure I can go to lido and get him some fresh scrambled eggs at the omelet station and will probably bring our own homemade bread so he can still enjoy that too. No more room service breakfasts :( but he can still enjoy on balcony.

You may want to check with carnival about bringing your home made bread on the ship it may or may not be an issue .It is good that you thought of that because commercial bread has a lot of salt it most people don't know that.

Gary