Am I just lucky??

akowilm

Called Captain's Club at 9:53 this AM concerning special request with some dinner reservations. Wait time to speak to a human, 30 seconds. Rolando took my call, I explained my request, he placed me on hold to contact Dining Services, and by 10:01AM, I was done, with confirmation on my requests, including an email sent to me with the details! Way to go, Celebrity, and thanks, Rolando!!!!

I too have seen many posts about long holds to Celebrity. I called last week because the TA's itinerary and the cruise ship itinerary for a cruise in 2015 that I booked showed off a day. Celebrity showed departure on a Friday and the TA's departure was on a Saturday. That's a pretty big deal....I called Celebrity, held for about two minutes before someone answered and it was immediately clarified. Believe it or not Celebrity had it wrong in their system. I sure hope it got fixed....But they did answer quickly and promptly...

IMO most people find reasons to complain but rarely issue a compliment. Last week I had to call X over a small issue. When the phone system told me I had a 61 minute wait I opted for a callback and entered the desired time for the call. Within 5 minutes of my desired time I got my call and got a resolution. Just the way things are supposed to work.

Website aside, I have hopes that the ship may actually find it's way to the scheduled ports.

Called Captain's Club at 9:53 this AM concerning special request with some dinner reservations. Wait time to speak to a human, 30 seconds. Rolando took my call, I explained my request, he placed me on hold to contact Dining Services, and by 10:01AM, I was done, with confirmation on my requests, including an email sent to me with the details! Way to go, Celebrity, and thanks, Rolando!!!!

I have always gotten through right away, and have always had good results in a short time frame. I find it hard to believe some of the complaints I read here. Of course, if a cruise was cut short due to a mechanical failure like happened to Constellation last year, it is no surprise that the customer service people will be much busier than normal, with the potential of thousands of current and future passengers calling to find out how they are affected. No business has hundreds of people sitting around just in case they are needed to answer calls in one of those rare situations. I'm betting that the majority of these complaints are exaggerated well beyond reasonable limits.

Edited by boogs

I agree. Maybe it's coincidental, but I've also never had any problems on board with food, service, cocktails, shower curtains or doors, or complementary cocktail hours. Maybe I just see the glass is half full? I love my vacation on these ships!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have always gotten through right away, and have always had good results in a short time frame. I find it hard to believe some of the complaints I read here. Of course, if a cruise was cut short due to a mechanical failure like happened to Constellation last year, it is no surprise that the customer service people will be much busier than normal, with the potential of thousands of current and future passengers calling to find out how they are affected. No business has hundreds of people sitting around just in case they are needed to answer calls in one of those rare situations. I'm betting that the majority of these complaints are exaggerated well beyond reasonable limits.

Unfortunately not always - I wish it were different and I could post a positive answer. ( surely will if it happens) But at least in my country things have changed from good to acceptable to really bad since November: I wish it were different and that I didn't have to send several e-mails none (!) of which has been answered - and they were worded in a polite and friendly and hopeful way. I haven't been able to speak to a person for weeks - I admit I tend to hang up after half an hour of waiting to reach somebody. My problem is minor: I can't get access to my reservations on "My Celebrity" . It happened once before and after calling Captain's Club the matter was resolved in two minutes flat. Now I can't even complain because nobody is available...