1st time cruise, Royal Caribbean drink pkg question

Perry1180

Hi, I'm Perry, new to cruising, this will be my first cruise, on Freedom of the Seas, and I read about their new drink packages.

I'm new to cruises, but am a fifteen year message boarder, so I went searching for a cruise message board, and I liked what I saw when I was linked here.

I like the idea of the drink package, but how much do drinks cost onboard?

I mean soft drinks, beer, or wine?

A dumb question, perhaps, but do cruise ships have vending machines?

I guess whenever I've been in Vegas or Atlantic City, well, that is where my thought came from.

I like the $40.00 package, but your opinions, and frankly, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I'm Perry, new to cruising, this will be my first cruise, on Freedom of the Seas, and I read about their new drink packages.

I'm new to cruises, but am a fifteen year message boarder, so I went searching for a cruise message board, and I liked what I saw when I was linked here.

I like the idea of the drink package, but how much do drinks cost onboard?

I mean soft drinks, beer, or wine?

A dumb question, perhaps, but do cruise ships have vending machines?

I guess whenever I've been in Vegas or Atlantic City, well, that is where my thought came from.

I like the $40.00 package, but your opinions, and frankly, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Soft drinks cost $2.88 per can. Beer and wine vary, but around $5 to $7 for most beers, and about $7 and up per glass of wine.

Regarding vending machines, there are none that take cash or your SeaPass card. However, about 8 ships have the Freestyle Coke machines which can be used with the soda package and any unlimited alcohol package.

I've consolodated a ton of info in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987450

If you scroll through, I've posted pics of the most recent drink menu with pricing and full descriptions. I'm in pre-planning mode for an April cruise where I plan to apply what I've learned.

Edited by AeroBaldness