Half Moon Cay Oasis

rcmal

Hi All,

Would love to hear about anyone's recent experience within the year on this. Like food and drink options, is there steak, shrimp, kekobs? Slide there? Drinks? Thinking about renting this when I go in August.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi All,

Would love to hear about anyone's recent experience within the year on this. Like food and drink options, is there steak, shrimp, kekobs? Slide there? Drinks? Thinking about renting this when I go in August.

Thanks in Advance.

I was at HMC in October and as far as I could tell, the slide -- which had been broken some time back -- had not been replaced yet. Can't speak as to the food at the Oasis from direct experience -- yet -- but most reports on CC have been positive.

Also when can I book in advance, like 3 months prior to sailing or when I get onboard?

You can -- and should -- book as soon as it appears as an available excursion for your cruise. There is only one Oasis at HMC, so once it's gone, it's gone unless it gets cancelled.

If you're seriously considering the Oasis and it's available now, you might want to consider booking the excursion. If your plans change you can cancel it later.

• 2 weeks later...
What Pellaz said....... I was at HMC recently, and the slide at the Oasis has been fixed.

FN310.JPG

Oh cool...it must have been replaced since October. Or maybe I didn't see it when I looked; it looks smaller than you'd expect in that pic. :)

My experience in the Oasis is from back in 2009 on HAL, so it may or may not be valid now, and with Carnival.

A bunch of us from our CC roll call got together and rented the Oasis, actually tey person who headed up the M&G made all of the arrangements. We ended up with the Bartender from the Crows Nest bar as well as the Chef From the Pinnacle Grill assigned to us. I do not recall their being any steak, but there was burgers and hot dogs, chicken, which the Chef ended up marinating in white wine and a mixture of the fresh fruit we had at the Oasis, shrimp, fish, salads and other stuff I can't recall.

We had a full open bar and we took full advantage of it. It was all "well" brand spirits, but it was still excellent. They ended up having to call back to the ship for more rum several times, as we were all enjoying Mojitos.

We had an amazing time, both because of the amenities of the Oasis, but even more so because we ended up with a great mix of people who "clicked". If you book it I am sure you will not regret it.