Getaway/Breakaway S9 Haven Spa Suites: a couple of questions

joeski27

So I did quite a bit of searching and can't find an answer to this (though it has been asked), but regarding the S9 suites on the starboard side, has anyone who has stayed in one had a problem with noise from the fitness center one deck above? I just upgraded us to one of these suites on this side, but obviously if people have in fact had significant problems with this I can always call and swap for the same stateroom on the port side. I just didn't think about this until after we did the upgrade. Thanks! :cool:

And one other question - can someone verify if the S9's include robes in the staterooms? I saw at least one video that showed an umbrella and slippers, but I was just curious about the robes as it would be nice to for walking down the hall to the spa ;)

By the way, why in the **** has the "search forum" or "search thread" function been disabled in these forums??? Its such a great feature to have in all vBulletin-based forums, and why it was removed here is totally beyond me. Yeah I know you can Google it, but that is much more of a pain and nowhere near as easy or effective as doing it from the forum search tool itself. Anyways that's my 2 cents on it :mad::rolleyes:

Edited by joeski27

Personally, if you could switch to the port side, I think you'd be much happier. Assuming you are on deck 14? If yes, then you just walk up one flight to the spa.

Robes and slippers are provided. I loved the S9!

On the Jewel last year, our cabin was under the fitness center and we definitely heard the pounding from treadmills and weights. I had a portside S9 on Breakaway in January and heard nothing from above.

From what I have read, CC is working on restoring the search function. Enjoy your cruise!

Tracy

Edited by TracyE

Thanks for the replies, guys. Pain in the butt that I might have to switch this, after going through a really annoying and drawn out process this AM doing the upgrade. But seeing as how the fitness center opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, there's a good chance that some hardcore workout freaks would be up super early banging away on the treadmills. What to do, what to do! I'll wait and see if anyone else posts similar experiences before I make a decision. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think you'll have an issue. They have some rubber/foam mats under the treadmills, so I don't think you'd have a noise issue from the fitness machines.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

not sure about the spa side, but its odd that u ask this - i was repeatedly woken up about 4am by what i thought was an early morning power walker who liked to move the vibe beach club's chairs around upstairs- till i figured it out that it was the staff setting up the chairs for the upcoming day.......

another funny issue i had - the closet doors and bathroom door would repeatedly open all by themselves when the ship was swaying. really freaky the first time it happened while i was sleeping. learned to use the cabin door jam against the bathroom door and my shoes for the closet doors....

those were truly the only noises that i ever heard.

I'm answering your question totally knowing that I could be absolutely wrong about your cabin location and what's above it....but having said that...

I had a massage in the spa (room 15) on the Breakaway and the pounding of the weights on the floor above was unbelievable. I honestly don't know if the fitness center is on the port or starboard side as opposed to the weight room, but I eventually got a refund for my massage due to the impossible shaking and pounding that occurred above.

I think the fitness center is on the other side, but I hope your cabin is much quieter than my spa massage room.

Totally unrelated to your question...I so enjoyed your input and excitement about your cruise last summer that didn't end up so well. I'm really hoping this one ROCKS for you! :)

PORT. PORT. PORT.

We've been in Spa Balcony, met many in Haven Spa Balcony. There are 2 (two) issues; one Starboard, one Service Doors.

We've booked, then cancelled, some cruises for other reasons.

1. The Starboard side, for some suites, have 'stuff above. Look at the deck plans.

2. The location on Starboard or Port, are important. At the end of the Spa Balcony staterooms, then into the Haven Spa Suites, there are some serious SERVICE ELEVATOR, DOORS AND HOTEL SERVICE DOORS. This is not at + or a -, it depends on how much room service, at what times, the HSS order there BK or nighttime +'s.

Make sure you ask your TA or PCC the location of the SERVICE locations.

JIMHO.

Congrats on upgrading to the suite!

We are also booked in the S9. We sail in May.

We chose port side for the reason you mentioned.....we were concerned about the fitness room noise for the starboard side. The port side is below other rooms.

Just my two cents worth, we didn't want to risk it.

Have a great cruise!!

PORT. PORT. PORT.

We've been in Spa Balcony, met many in Haven Spa Balcony. There are 2 (two) issues; one Starboard, one Service Doors.

We've booked, then cancelled, some cruises for other reasons.

1. The Starboard side, for some suites, have 'stuff above. Look at the deck plans.

2. The location on Starboard or Port, are important. At the end of the Spa Balcony staterooms, then into the Haven Spa Suites, there are some serious SERVICE ELEVATOR, DOORS AND HOTEL SERVICE DOORS. This is not at + or a -, it depends on how much room service, at what times, the HSS order there BK or nighttime +'s.

Make sure you ask your TA or PCC the location of the SERVICE locations.

JIMHO.

" the HSS order there BK or nighttime +'s."

Translate, please....

Do you think 14136 would be a problem? The PCC wanted to put me on the end nearest the elevators but I said to move us away and this is where we ended up. I don't know why people want to be so close to elevators--not a plus for me...

" the HSS order there BK or nighttime +'s."

Translate, please....

Do you think 14136 would be a problem? The PCC wanted to put me on the end nearest the elevators but I said to move us away and this is where we ended up. I don't know why people want to be so close to elevators--not a plus for me...

I was in 14138 and no problems/noise at all.

Tracy

Tracy

No noise in 14142 either. With an exception...there is a service door in front of 14140, and occasionally you'll hear the door closing in the hallway. Worse during the day ( I was in-suite, sick) than at night.

No noise in 14142 either. With an exception...there is a service door in front of 14140, and occasionally you'll hear the door closing in the hallway. Worse during the day ( I was in-suite, sick) than at night.

I just got off breakaway yesterday in 14142. First morning I was woken by service door opening and closing multiple times at around 7:30 am. After that I never heard again. Very nice room.

Joeski27

Have a great cruise!

When you get back, please come back and tell us all about the S9. I have just upgraded as well and can't wait!!. I would like to know about the courtyard, the restaurant and the Elemis products in the room to name a few things. But anything else Haven wise would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I had 14728 Starboard side in December. No noise from above.

Do you have any pictures? We are in this suite in May. Can't wait. I was leery about being below the fitness center, but this room looks to be under the salon. I'm glad to hear you say it wasn't noisy:D

Tracy

Nice Tracy, we're in the exact same room on Getaway on SATURDAY (can you tell I'm excited!?! never had a suite before, and this one promises to be incredible). Thanks so much for posting your experience :)

Well with any luck, during the day will be out of the room, on the Haven sundeck, soaking in the sun (or, worst case, at one of many bars soaking in a delicious beverage or five!). But sorry to hear you had to be laid up in the stateroom during the day, been there done that, major bummer!

Nice Tracy, we're in the exact same room on Getaway on SATURDAY (can you tell I'm excited!?! never had a suite before, and this one promises to be incredible). Thanks so much for posting your experience :)

We are in that exact room also (14138) on our June sailing. I'm sure you'll give a great review with pics joeski27. At least you don't have to get to the port early to get those coveted Vibe Beach passes :D Wish I was going this weekend. Have a great cruise.

Edited by miataman19