Question on Muster Drill on Carnival Dream

crusing_guy

Can someone who has recently been on Carnival Dream tell me how the muster drill is handled? My son gets very nervous / stressed when having to stand outside. Is this how it is still done on the Dream?

No standing outside on Dream. Our muster drill was performed in the main show lounge.

Hope that helps.

We will be on the Dream in June with my dad and he can't use the stairs. I seem to remember the elevators not working just before and during muster. If that is right, do we just have to plan to be at our muster station extra early so that we can get there before they shut the elevators off? If we don't make it will they turn one on just for him or will he just be sent back to his cabin?

We will be on the Dream in June with my dad and he can't use the stairs. I seem to remember the elevators not working just before and during muster. If that is right, do we just have to plan to be at our muster station extra early so that we can get there before they shut the elevators off? If we don't make it will they turn one on just for him or will he just be sent back to his cabin?

I was concerned about having to take the steps when on the Dream because we were on the Riviera deck and that would have been a lot of stairs to climb for me because I have severe back problems and can only do a few flights at a time so I just made my way up to the lido deck before the elevators were turned/blocked off and then went to the muster area when it was time...this worked out very well for me, not sure if they would make an exception for your dad cause I didn't bother asking, just made sure I was where I didn't need to use the elevators.

Edited to add that we didn't have to head up super early, only about 10 minutes before muster was scheduled and the elevators were still operating then.

Edited by ShellLoves2cruise
add