Balcony Locks

mymirabella

All the balcony doors have locks. A deadbolt is positioned above or below the door handle. I'm not sure it's "childproof" but I do remember the door being hard to push open, and also may slam shut.

Yes they can slam pretty quickly so you will have to watch your children closely around the door to make sure they don't get their fingers caught in the door.

Yes, I agree with the sliding bolt lock being very high up on the door. So even with a chair a small child would have trouble unlocking it.

But I do want to SECOND the comment about the doors slamming. When open they will slam shut if someone opens the cabin hallway door. I cringe when I think of a little kid trying to hold open that door when that happens. They certainly would loose fingers.

Keep the door locked and bolted instuct them that they are only allowed to open the door with your help and with you on the balcony. Let them know why you are concerned.. Better to be safe than sorry

I'm sure this had been answered before but I still can't search.

We just upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Pride with my 2 children, 2 and 4 now I'm worried do all the balcony doors have child locks?

Friendly suggestion.... bring a bunje (sp?) cord with you to keep the door open. That's what we did (when the weather was nice) and it kept the kiddo from going in and out. The doors are kind of heavy so I was always worried about him getting his fingers slammed.

Friendly suggestion.... bring a bunje (sp?) cord with you to keep the door open. That's what we did (when the weather was nice) and it kept the kiddo from going in and out. The doors are kind of heavy so I was always worried about him getting his fingers slammed.

Thank you but I'm worried about them being on the balcony with out me so I would rather keep it locked when we are not out there. I may bring a bungee for when we are sitting outside though,they don't take up any room.

Thank you but I'm worried about them being on the balcony with out me so I would rather keep it locked when we are not out there. I may bring a bungee for when we are sitting outside though,they don't take up any room.

mymirabella - I was going to respond the same way. No way would I leave the door open so the kids could go in and out unsupervised.

LCTXcruiser - How old is your child?

Edited by WetToes

Please DON"T bring a bungee and leave the door open.

It effects the air conditioning for the people down the line from you.

In addition if the door is open your child could slip out onto the balcony without you noticing

Edited by camarowesley

Please DON"T bring a bungee and leave the door open.

It effects the air conditioning for the people down the line from you

In addition if the door is open your child could slip out onto the balcony without you noticing

This is what i'm worried most about. Without the door latch I don't know if I would even be able to sleep.

I'm sure this had been answered before but I still can't search.

We just upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Pride with my 2 children, 2 and 4 now I'm worried do all the balcony doors have child locks?

Just as others have stated, the side lock is up near the top of the door. The door handle needs to be turned and pushed to open. I'm a grown woman. When I open the door, I have to push it with some strength. I really cannot see a small child being able to open the door.

As for the balcony railing, I'm 5'6" and the railing comes up to my mid-chest.

We LOVED Pride. She's one of our favorite ships.

Enjoy.