F2F on the Elation in NOLA, worth it?

pollywolly

We used FTTF on Elation in Jan. There is a special check in line, but once checked in you sit with the general population (no reserved special seating). They do call for FTTF to board just before zone 1. We liked getting on early and being able to drop our carry-ons in the room. (it was not quite ready when we boarded (almost, but the steward was still actively working on it)). We have kids and bring water/soda/wine on with us so not having to lug that around til 1:30 was nice. At the end of the cruise we used self-debark and that went unbelievably quickly. We never used guest services, and then of course there is really no priority dining options on Elation and there was no port to that required tendering....so some of the FTTF perks didn't really apply to us. All in all I would get it again.

This was not our experience last Sept. There was a special section for FTTF. Wonder why they changed it?

We used FTTF on Elation in Jan. There is a special check in line, but once checked in you sit with the general population (no reserved special seating). They do call for FTTF to board just before zone 1. We liked getting on early and being able to drop our carry-ons in the room. (it was not quite ready when we boarded (almost, but the steward was still actively working on it)). We have kids and bring water/soda/wine on with us so not having to lug that around til 1:30 was nice. At the end of the cruise we used self-debark and that went unbelievably quickly. We never used guest services, and then of course there is really no priority dining options on Elation and there was no port to that required tendering....so some of the FTTF perks didn't really apply to us. All in all I would get it again.

Thats not our big issue. The faster to fun on my previous cruise enabled us to rest in a room as soon as we got on the ship. Being self-employed, I have no choice but to fit travel from canada and back as well as a cruise in 6 or 7 days,working up to the last minute prior to departure and on return, landinfg on my feet running.That being said, I appreciate getting to our room as soon as possible. My goal is not to feel special or have the same degree of perks as Diamond and Platinum. I just appreciate that perk.

Last June we were on the ELation out of NOLA. We arrived at the port early, like always, and got in boarding Zone 1. We literally got on the ship 10 minutes after they called the FTTF passengers. We don't care about having to get to our room quickly because we usually grab a drink and sit up on deck.

Yes, FFTF is for people who need to be first on all lines everywhere I guess.:confused:

On vacation, there is never a rush.

For me it is worth it to have the cabin ready when we board so we can drop off all the carry-ons and not have to lug them around until 1:30. I also like that the luggage is delivered early so I can have everything unpacked and in place before muster drill. No trying to get unpacked after dinner.

The lines aren't an issue for me anyway because I always get to the port early, before boarding starts and don't really use the guest services line. There are no tender ports on our cruise so that isn't helpful to me.

Embarkation day is the first day of our cruise and I want to be on the ship and in vacation mode as soon as possible.

This was not our experience last Sept. There was a special section for FTTF. Wonder why they changed it?

When we cruised out of NOLA at Christmas with F2F there was no special seating. They directed us through priority security and into the priority checkin and then that was it. I thought there was a certain area we should be while we waited to be called onboard so we asked and they said there wasn't an area for f2f and to have a seat anywhere and we would be called after regular priority. No big deal, but I thought it was a little strange. We loved having it even though we didn't use all the perks. The best thing was the priority line at guest services, that saved us a lot of line standing the first day when my husbands card wasn't opening our door and it took several trips to get it straightened out. I had tried to call guest services and they would never answer the phone, it wasn't til later that I realized we also had a priority number to guest services. Zone 1 debarking was great as I hate sitting around twiddling my thumbs on the last morning. We have it booked for our 2 cruises this year also, it will be invaluable for my dad to be able to rest in his cabin after the long walk to get onboard.

My first cruise was was out of NOLA and it still remains the worst boarding experience I've had. We're sailing from there again in April on NCL and I've booked the Dream for September. The first thing I did was get my FTTF tickets. There's no way I'm waiting through that again if I can help it ;)

I know the Elation is a smaller ship but I say do it. $50 is a cheap insurance policy against long lines and rude workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk