John Heald on Miracle for Alaska season

GeorgiaMomof4

Does anyone know when he will start sailing on the Miracle for the Alaska sailings this summer?

My Mom has always wanted to go so we are tossing around the idea of taking her for her birthday.

Anyone else done this? She will be 81 and I'm worried about some mobility issues though.

Does anyone know when he will start sailing on the Miracle for the Alaska sailings this summer?

My Mom has always wanted to go so we are tossing around the idea of taking her for her birthday.

Anyone else done this? She will be 81 and I'm worried about some mobility issues though.

I read a post on fb from John today where said he would be joining the Miracle in April for the Alaska season. I'm on the first sailing, April 28!

Edited by Cindy 800

Just keep in mind because he is scheduled doesn't necessarily mean he will be onboard. The beards can move him for a few weeks for something unforeseen.

VERY good point.....

John's schedule is never in stone and personally I would never book a cruise just to sail with him because, there are no guarantees.

I read a post on fb from John today where said he would be joining the Miracle in April for the Alaska season. I'm on the first sailing, April 28!

What Cindy800 said. You probably read my FB post. LOL I asked him today when he would board the Miracle as I will be on the April 28th with you Cindy800. He answered that he would be on the April 28th sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

John has said that he will be doing the whole season in Alaska and has been promised by the beards not to move him. He was going to be gone the last two weeks of August, but now he says that he will be onboard.

John has said that he will be doing the whole season in Alaska and has been promised by the beards not to move him. He was going to be gone the last two weeks of August, but now he says that he will be onboard.

Beards talk out both sides of their mouths so as others have said, nothing is set in stone.

Look at how many times they have thrown JH under the bus.

Bill

Beards talk out both sides of their mouths so as others have said, nothing is set in stone.

Look at how many times they have thrown JH under the bus.

Bill

Oi thought I already read he's being pulled one week in June for some CD conference, where all the assistants were playing CD that week, including him.

You and your mother will love Alaska! We went on May 29 a few years ago and for most of the week we had great weather. However, the sailing before us saw a lot of snow. As to mobility issues, there are several excursions that are fine for those with mobility issues. Me DH and I both are unable to do strenuous activity and yet we loved the train ride and took a couple of other bus excursions. There is a lot for everyone. My only concern for that week would be the weather.

You will enjoy Alaska no matter what ship or what CD. We went on Holland America and the ship itself was awful but we weren't there for the cruise ship, we were there to witness Alaska and it was awesome!

It's either Alaska or Panama Canal this year I would like to see what all the fuss is about but I'll stay with Princess. Carnival doesn't do it for me any more.

We're doing Alaska on Princess in May. Last year we went on Carnival and the smoke about killed me. We had a balcony and we were sandwiched in by smokers - never again until Carnival changes their smoking policy on balconies.