Is it too hot?!

ggcruiser

I've cruised quite a bit so I feel silly asking this question, but I'm just going to go for it :-) Is it too hot to cruise the Caribbean out of Miami in July? Trying to get a little family reunion together and the summer is the only time that works for everyone, but I'm weary of how hot it's going to be in summer. Any thoughts on this? TIA! <3

A few years ago we did a 10 day cruise to Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and San Juan in July. It was pretty warm but there's always a breeze, either on the ship or walking around the shops. I don't remember getting overly hot, but I guess it depends what you plan on doing. We made sure we had plenty of water with us and if you're shopping, you can always find a store that has A/C to cool off in.

The temperature on the eastern, southern islands usually stays pretty steady year round.

The Bahamas flucuates about like Florida, with really hot in the summer and can get pretty chilly in the winter. (actually in the Atlantic, NOT the Caribbean.)

The western caribbean will be extremely hot then, as the ports are on the mainland (Progresso, Costa Maya, Belize) or islands very close to the mainland. (Cozumel and Roatan)

Don't get the sea breeze to regulate temperatures, like you would well out in the Caribbean, on an island.

If you are concerned about the heat, definitely book something like the eastern or southern routes.

Or better yet, ALASKA!!!!!!

I've cruised quite a bit so I feel silly asking this question, but I'm just going to go for it :-) Is it too hot to cruise the Caribbean out of Miami in July? Trying to get a little family reunion together and the summer is the only time that works for everyone, but I'm weary of how hot it's going to be in summer. Any thoughts on this? TIA! <3

It appears that you are from Florida so you must be OK with the summer heat. The Caribbean will be very much like Miami. The plus is lots of tall cool drinks and enjoying the water!

It appears that you are from Florida so you must be OK with the summer heat. The Caribbean will be very much like Miami. The plus is lots of tall cool drinks and enjoying the water!

Yes, I do live in Florida, but I'm not as ok as you would think about hot weather, lol. We moved here from Southern California, where although it can get hot, it is quite dry, and some of the relatives are coming from there. I told them to get prepped for some humidity. But yes, the cool ocean breezes and tall drinks should help with that :-) Thank everyone <3

And we were planning Eastern Caribbean, thanks for the info on that bguppies :-)

Edited by ggcruiser

Western or Eastern?? Western will be miserable (if you don't like humid, sticky, ucky weather). Eastern will be slightly better.

And we were planning Eastern Caribbean, thanks for the info on that bguppies :-)

No problem.

Thats what these forums are for.

To help each other choose and create the best cruise possible.

Edited by bguppies