HAWAII CRUISE - 25th Wedding Anniversary for April 2016

Cruise Mermaid

Hello everyone! I am getting ready to book a very exciting cruise and I need all you experts to help me out!

April 2016 we will be married for 25 years and we went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and haven't been back so I thought what would be better than a HAWAIIN CRUISE ?! My plan is to have our children go with us so we'll need two rooms, and they will be 17 and 19 at the time. (WOW how time flys ... they've been cruising with us since they've been babies ...)

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some awesome advice as we've never done a Hawaii cruise and I have a few questions and I'm sure all you helpful fellow cruisers will assure that I will get the best things for our family !!!

To start with - CARNIVAL is only open for booking on the Hawaiin cruise through January 2015 .... and we are looking for APRIL 2016 ... (so I have 2 years to plan!).

Currently they use the MIRACLE ship to cruise there and back from California and first things first - how do I know THE SECOND the booking will open because of course I'm going after the 'aft' balcony suites .... if we are gonna be at sea for 4 days there and back I want some awesome views ... that being said here we go:

1) How do I find out the absolute second the booking opens ?

2) Does anyone have any opinions on the aft portside cabins:

5266 (Upper Deck)

6260 (Empress Deck)

7298 (Verandah Deck)

8268 (Panarama Deck)

* we'll be taking our almost 'grown' kids with us as I mentioned and will no doubt be getting the balcony room right next to ours - but for now I'm focusing on 'best wrap' balcony *

Anyway those are the two main issues right now ... please feel free to give any advice I certainly welcome everything and thank you all in advance!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Denise *The Cruise Mermaid*

(Proud Mom of Zachary and Gavin and Proud Wife of Bob)

Celebrity Cruise Line (Century) - Western Caribbean 1996

Carnival Cruise Line (Sensation) - Eastern Caribbean 1997

Carnival Cruise Line (Sensation) - Eastern Caribbean 1998

Carnival Cruise Line (Victory) - Eastern Caribbean 2001

Carnival Cruise Line (Spirit) - Southern Caribbean 2003

Carnival Cruise Line (Dream) - Eastern Caribbean 2011

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE - HAWAII 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY - APRIL 2016

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

Edited by Cruise Mermaid

So I would keep an eye on when the April 2015 Hawaiian cruise is announced and then set your calendar for a year from them to check for the April 2016.

Currently the rumor is around late March/April for more 2015 dates.

I do not think anyone knows if it will be the Miracle then. A few years ago it was the Spirit on that itinerary and I am not sure when it became the Miracle's turn.

No info for you but wanted to jump in as we will be also doing Hawaii 2016 probably April for my 50th. Can't wait to get something booked.

We like midship deck 4 or 5 on the Spirit class ships.

Maybe we will see you on board

Kim

I sailed the Mirical in 7298.... Fantastic!! Cannot recomend it enough... If you want shade I hear the 4th floor wrap is fully covered.

Don't go for a shade balcony. It's cold in LA in January and for the first 3 days you will want all the sun you can get. We went to Hawaii in November and it was cold, and very cold in Ensenada. It was also a rough ride going, we hit a severe storm and lots of people were sick. Not saying it's going to happen, but being on the aft you might get a lot of motion.

Carnival's April cruise to Hawaii is always the repositioning from LA to the Pacific Northwest for the start of their Alaska season. So your sea days after Hawaii will be cooler cruising up the coast.

If you're looking for a Long Beach to Long Beach it happens in October, December, and January each year. Either way it's a great cruise!