How do I stop myself checking price?

I'm afraid I'm the same as you!! I guess we all like to think we've got a good deal but it's swings and roundabouts really. I booked a cruise last week and found it cheaper online but the deal we got includes £100 onboard spend so worked out roughly the same. You just need willpower to stop looking and look forward to your cruise :)

Yes I've fallen into the trap. Booked a cruise a month ago for June and now driving myself mad checking if the price has gone down (it has by £110).

I really must have more willpower or It will spoil my cruise. What do others do?

You don't stop looking, that's half the fun of it... I have been tracking a June Island Escape cruise for a while now & it fluctuates more than any stock market share, ranging from £2,012 before Christmas to a low of £1,630 on the 6th Feb (for a 5/6 inside including £28 picking seats & excluding £2 world care) ... There is a £60 discount code at the moment but they put the base price up by £68 so as to cancel it out... And I haven't even booked it yet. still waiting for it to fall below the £1,600 mark. But I also have noticed the Prem Inn for the night before go over £70 so perhaps should have booked earlier...:confused:

Just wondered is there an officiallly recognised medical condition for cruise price paranoia, & if there is will it cost me more if I disclose it on the cruise insurance? :eek:

It's funny that whenever we book a cruise with Thomson (almost all our cruises) I can't stop myself checking the price, either! The worst was the IE a few years ago when the price went down £300 EACH a couple of days after we booked. Took me a while to get over that!

This year, having booked a cruise with FO for the first time, I haven't checked the price even once since booking.

Maybe the Thomson website makes it too easy to check!

kate

Me too, I'm down £300 so far!!! :eek:

Just checked current prices on the 3 cruises we have booked on like for like basis, and the all in is making a large difference.

Majesty we gain by £908 due mainly to the AI free for us and £420 chargeable now. Cabin confusing as they say inside plus included now, but pricing has £140 for it. We are in the included standard cabin.

Spirit we lose £208.

Dream we gain by £654 again due to the AI package. We got it for £280 and the current charge is £796.

We booked ours just when the price crept up a bit. I was afraid that it would increase further or even sell out. I'm not looking but my husband keeps checking and yes the price is now decreasing. I don't want to know but he keeps on telling me how much we could have saved! However we got a call earlier this week offering upgrade to outside plus cabin for only £7 a person for the full week. We took this and its made us feel a bit better!

Edited by Langtoncouple

We booked ours just when the price crept up a bit. I was afraid that it would increase further or even sell out. I'm not looking but my husband keeps checking and yes the price is now decreasing. I don't want to know but he keeps on telling me how much we could have saved! However we got a call earlier this week offering upgrade to outside plus cabin for only £7 a person for the full week. We took this and its made us feel a bit better!

Thank you- can I ask when are you traveling and did you book with a TA. Just hoping I might get a call with a chance of an upgrade which might make me feel better!

I keep telling myself not to check prices, but its hard. We booked early to ensure we got the cabin we wanted, the free AI and most importantly the seats on the flight out of Glasgow at a peak time. So far have peeked once but won't do it again (believe that and you will believe anything!)

I often look but accept what I paid is what I paid whether it has gone up or down. If I was not happy to pay what I paid then I would not have paid it.

As an aside the Transatlantic from Bridgetown to Palma is our next cruise and that cruise is no longer listed as a fly cruise as there are presently no flight allocated to it on the Thomson website yet as cruise only there are lots of cabins. Unless that is resolved there will be a number of empty cabins as not many will book a one way flight to Bridgetown and then a separate one way flight from Palma to UK.

So the risk with waiting is you could miss the whole cruise - this one does not go for 6 weeks but is presently effectively sold out for most people.

I often look but accept what I paid is what I paid whether it has gone up or down. If I was not happy to pay what I paid then I would not have paid it.

As an aside the Transatlantic from Bridgetown to Palma is our next cruise and that cruise is no longer listed as a fly cruise as there are presently no flight allocated to it on the Thomson website yet as cruise only there are lots of cabins. Unless that is resolved there will be a number of empty cabins as not many will book a one way flight to Bridgetown and then a separate one way flight from Palma to UK.

So the risk with waiting is you could miss the whole cruise - this one does not go for 6 weeks but is presently effectively sold out for most people.

Agree with you over the price paid.

Only 5 weeks and 2 days for us.:D:D

Thomson have allocated two seats from Birmingham this morning for this cruise yet there are an abundance of cabins if you look at it "cruise only". There seems to be an imbalance of aircraft availability for this cruise as getting to Bridetown has no availability but their flights from Palma to the UK have plenty of choices on the Saturday. So unless the Cruise section can get more allocation for the Bridgetown flights from Thomson Airways ( seats which may have to come back from one of the land based holiday products ) this cruise will not be full as regards cabins.

It could be in a week or so that this cruise is available again as a fly cruise from other airports - when you see the "only 2 seats remaining" that is true but that does not mean that they will not be allocated more seats in the future but that is not guaranteed and usually when it is sold out - it is sold out - unless someone cancels their cruise and Thomson resell it.

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

Thomson have allocated two seats from Birmingham this morning for this cruise yet there are an abundance of cabins if you look at it "cruise only". There seems to be an imbalance of aircraft availability for this cruise as getting to Bridetown has no availability but their flights from Palma to the UK have plenty of choices on the Saturday. So unless the Cruise section can get more allocation for the Bridgetown flights from Thomson Airways ( seats which may have to come back from one of the land based holiday products ) this cruise will not be full as regards cabins.

It could be in a week or so that this cruise is available again as a fly cruise from other airports - when you see the "only 2 seats remaining" that is true but that does not mean that they will not be allocated more seats in the future but that is not guaranteed and usually when it is sold out - it is sold out - unless someone cancels their cruise and Thomson resell it.

If a cruise is cruise only and you fly out with Thomsons, will the ship wait for you if there is a flight delay. Presume if you use other airlines it won't.

If a cruise is cruise only and you fly out with Thomsons, will the ship wait for you if there is a flight delay. Presume if you use other airlines it won't.

Only will wait if you are on the cruise package including flights - that's whether you have flown with Thomson Airways or any other airline.

However the ship would effectively wait for you if you booked cruise only and your delayed flight was with Thomson Airways AND that flight had cruise package passengers on it - ie the ship would be waiting for you by default because of the other "package" passengers.

We would have loved to have done this cruise, but there were no flights from any Scottish airports. Think this was a bad decision on Thomson's part. We have now booked to do the Caribbean in November with another cruise line with direct flights from Scotland. Similar itinerary to Thomson but quite a bit cheaper and definitely a better ship.

We would have loved to have done this cruise, but there were no flights from any Scottish airports. Think this was a bad decision on Thomson's part. We have now booked to do the Caribbean in November with another cruise line with direct flights from Scotland. Similar itinerary to Thomson but quite a bit cheaper and definitely a better ship.

Who are you going with, Nancyneptune? We have to travel to Manchester to fly to the Caribbean on the Celebration next year :(

Edited by Little Nell

Linda, it may have been Huddersfield Tourists remark further up the page. He said that there is no flight for this cruise but there are still places in the ship available.

Ah yes, but I was replying to Gill's question, and not sure if I can do quotes on the Nexus :o:o:rolleyes:

Who are you going with, Nancyneptune? We have to travel to Manchester to fly to the Caribbean on the Celebration next year

Hi Little Nell

Was going to wait until we got back but just thought I'd let you know that we are taking the Transpennine Express from Edinburgh to Manchester Airport. However, they are creating another platform at the airport and rail works are being constructed from there to eternity which means that some journeys are being done by bus and train or all bus. Fortunately we get as far as Manchester Piccadilly and then will be transferred by bus to the airport. Might just get a taxi as we are staying overnight.

It is proving difficult to get back to Edinburgh on the Sunday by train so have opted for the bus direct from the airport to home. Travelling time is not much different and the price for Rail Cards (£30 each) as opposed to bus cards (£10 each) a helluva lot cheaper.

Wish I had known about the rail works before booking as we would have paid the extra and gone down to Gatwick, but that can be a pain as well.

Five weeks today we will be sailing. Will let you know how our travelling goes when we get back in nine weeks time:D:D.

Sorry folks, am I being dim here? What would be the point of booking flight and cruises separately and then flying with Thomson? Surely you would fly with someone cheaper like Easy Jet ??

done it loads of times, some thomson flights can be cheap, made some big savings at times especially when there are big supplements involved