Hot Stone Massage, Port Day Discounts, Thalassotherapy?

photogineer

Hey all,

My cruise on the Dream is coming up on 3/15, and I was thinking about treating myself a bit. I am a software engineer by trade and spend a lot of time in chairs of various (but usually poor) quality, hunched on a keyboard. As such I have a ton of back pain, and I was hoping to soothe that. In addition, on my cruise my friends and I are taking a few excursions (Mayan ruins, zipling, cave tubing, scuba diving) that will probably make me a bit sore. So I was considering getting the hot stone massage in the spa. I know it's overpriced, but I'll only get find time to do that sort of thing on vacation, so I don't mind splurging. I had some questions about the spa in general:

1. Can anyone say how the hot stone massage was? Anyone from the Dream recently?

2. Is it true that they tend to be discounted on port days? I'm staying in on the last port day (7am to 12pm port, seems silly to rush off the boat for that) so that would be ideal. I don't mind splurging, but I'm not going to turn down a deal!

3. If discounted, what sort of discount is typically applied? 25? 50%? 95% :D

4. If discounted, does that have to be booked the morning of, the night before? is it something I should be up early to make sure I get or is it a pretty easygoing thing?

5. The thalassotherapy pool sounds like it might also be useful for my soreness, and I want to check it out, I've heard the spa has day passes, what do those usually run?

6. If I get the massage, does that include any other spa access like the sauna or thalassotherapy pool?

7. Can anyone give me their review of the thalassotherapy pool?

That about does it, thanks in advance and happy sailings!

Matt

1. I did ithe hot stone massage in August and it was great!

2. Port day discounts are the best deals. You will get info on it during the week.

3. The discounts are pretty good. Can't remember the % though.

4. Port day discounts fill up fast so as soon as you get an ad/flyer with your evening fun times call up the spa and book it.

5. Day passes are $35 (not positive but it's around that amount). Couple passes are $249 a week. Single week long passes are $149.

6. Nothing else is included except the showers, locker room, and gym.

7. Loved it! Nice and warm with lots of bubbles. :D It has a bench in the water that's shaped like a lounger so you can lay back and enjoy yourself. It really helped my arthritis and sore knee.

1. I did ithe hot stone massage in August and it was great!

2. Port day discounts are the best deals. You will get info on it during the week.

3. The discounts are pretty good. Can't remember the % though.

4. Port day discounts fill up fast so as soon as you get an ad/flyer with your evening fun times call up the spa and book it.

5. Day passes are $35 (not positive but it's around that amount). Couple passes are $249 a week. Single week long passes are $149.

6. Nothing else is included except the showers, locker room, and gym.

7. Loved it! Nice and warm with lots of bubbles. :D It has a bench in the water that's shaped like a lounger so you can lay back and enjoy yourself. It really helped my arthritis and sore knee.

Really? For what the massage costs you'd think they'd throw that in, oh well!

Anybody else know about the specific discount amounts or have any reviews/recommendations?

Matt

The spa has specific specials EACH day. I go to the spa in the evening sometime and look at the flyers on the counter , sometimes they have an advertisement easel.

On the Magic, I see a port special that includes the hot stones along with a whole list of services (neck & back, hand & arm, scalp, foot & leg) for $129. It's 75 minutes.

I did a pick 2 and a pick 3. Choose from the list for a set price. I think $99 comes to mind.....

There's a 'head to toe', etc

My husband had the hot stone massage done on the Ecstasy two years ago and even though he was pretty badly sunburned he still enjoyed it. So saying that the only advice I can give you is if you burn easy be sure to wear lots of sunscreen. I know DH would have enjoyed the massage a lot more (he had to do it without the stones because of the burn) if he had not been burnt from the day before snorkeling in half moon cay.