Able to make Reservations IN the Main Dining Rooms (Breakaway)

ElissaMaxine

Hi all ~ Sailing on the Breakaway in 37 days and when I was "surfing" the NCL site, I saw that we are able to reserve a dining time for the main dining rooms? Thought this was a bit wierd since it's Freestyle dining. Any thoughts as to why we can reserve? Does each dining room have a different menu on the same night or do they rotate and eventually we all eat the same thing? Is there a particular dining room you like more than the others?

This is our first time crusing NCL so not sure if this is the norm or not.

:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by ElissaMaxine

I personally would love this. We'll be sailing NCL for the first time as well and we've always loved having a set dining time of 8:00, where we know our table and our wait staff. I realize that it's unlikely we'd have the same table every evening, but I like the idea that we could prearrange the time Also, we're always a big group of 10+ at dinner - this time we are likely to be more than that.

Sorry I can't answer any Breakaway questions.

But no this was not the norm to be able to make reservations in the MDR unless you were a large group.

However with new ships come new "tests". There have been a lot of complaints lately about long lines at certain times to get seated in the MDRs (I have not experienced this personally).

Maybe this is a trial to see if this will calm the complaints for those who may not wish to stand in line if they choose to dine at popular hours.

Some people don't like the freestyle concept and eat at the same time every night anyway.

Those that want to just show up, certainly still have that choice. So it won't affect the freestyle concept. Freestyle just means the cruiseline doesn't set your dining time (like early or late).

I actually think this is a good idea and never understood why they didn't do it before. And it doesn't have to take away from the spontaneous dining, because on our last cruise, even though the specialties could be booked ahead. For most times we could have decided 1/2 hr before we wanted to eat and still had made reservations, there was always lots of openings in the specialty diningrooms.

Edited by che5904

I just returned on e breakaway. They will pretty much do whatever you wish including reservations and specific tables in the main dining rooms. The manhattan room is the largest and has a slightly different menu than the two smaller mdr's.