Scubagirrl...need Nassau info please

MamaParrotHead

Been two Nassau twice while cruising, now I won an incentive trip to stay at Atlantis for 5 days. I'd love some info on a close, nice market (we have a per diem and prices being what they are at Atlantis, I'd love to get some snacks and breakfast foods to keep in the room). Any other tips for staying at Atlantis and making the most of our trip? We'll be in the Royal Towers.

Thank you!

Been two Nassau twice while cruising, now I won an incentive trip to stay at Atlantis for 5 days. I'd love some info on a close, nice market (we have a per diem and prices being what they are at Atlantis, I'd love to get some snacks and breakfast foods to keep in the room). Any other tips for staying at Atlantis and making the most of our trip? We'll be in the Royal Towers.

Thank you!

Since Scubagirl is apparently on vacation, I'll tell you how we handled it.

There is a small market across the street, but it doesn't have much.

We brought lots of snacks, since we had heard that snacks are terribly expensive. We brought chips, pringles, granola bars, peanut butter etc.

We used Foodstore to go to deliver what else we needed. They deliver to the lobby.

Be careful what you bring, since there is no refrigerators in the room, and the time we went, we ordered one, $15 per day, but none were available until the 3rd day.

Bring zip lock bags. We had ants in our room where we left some things that were opened by not finished. (like cookies, chips etc) Which we had large zip locks to protect them.

You can also ask your cabbie to stop at the grocery store on the way in. I read on TripAdvisor that alot of people do this. Then you just tip the driver for waiting.

Either way, enjoy your stay. Hope you are waiting til after spring break. It was crazy the year we went - won't do that again.