Please sign the petition for Carnival to bring back the reggae/calypso bands

ShanteS

OP, it's a nice idea - trying to do something about it other than just complain about it online with the rest of us:p.

BTW, I just took my first RCI cruise last month. Live (and talented) Reggae/Calypso band on the pool deck every day. It was really nice to have that on a cruise again.;):D

I really think I'm going to have to try Royal (SIGH)...Just tired of Carnival's cutbacks

I have no problem "grasping" anything thank you very much!! I am NOT the only one who likes and enjoys these bands and who would love to see them back onboard. They do not have to play every single day but it would be a nice change from the DJ. And I also have no problem paying extra for it if need be and plenty feel the same way. As I said in a previous post, the petition was not created to "force" them to do anything but I wanted them to hear us. Maybe nothing will come of this but at least we tried. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree I'd gladly pay extra. I don't want to sail on Walmart of the Seas. If Carnival had this in the past, why not now? If the rates have to rise a bit- so be it! Such is life! Everything goes up! Just stop the cutbacks if you ask me!

Let's see.....If there are 6 members in the band, that's 2 in a cabin or 3 cheap cabins which run about $1000 each = $3000 for a week to house and feed the band. With 3000 people on the ship that is only $1 each to house and feed them. They can sign up bands for a week for another $3000 and that makes $2 per passenger for live bands for a week cruise.

No, you won't get the Rolling Stones for this price but they can get good reggae bands for this.

Let's see.....If there are 6 members in the band, that's 2 in a cabin or 3 cheap cabins which run about $1000 each = $3000 for a week to house and feed the band. With 3000 people on the ship that is only $1 each to house and feed them. They can sign up bands for a week for another $3000 and that makes $2 per passenger for live bands for a week cruise.

No, you won't get the Rolling Stones for this price but they can get good reggae bands for this.

On his Facebook page John stated that one of the problems with wanting to add new positions like a reggae band would mean that another position would have to be removed or cancelled to create a crew quarters. Every crew cabin he said was full. I do not see Carnival taking away passenger cabins for crew members as the loss of revenue there would be $$$$$$

It looks like John has the beard attention and it will be interesting to see what they decide to do

On his Facebook page John stated that one of the problems with wanting to add new positions like a reggae band would mean that another position would have to be removed or cancelled to create a crew quarters. Every crew cabin he said was full. I do not see Carnival taking away passenger cabins for crew members as the loss of revenue there would be $$$$$$

It looks like John has the beard attention and it will be interesting to see what they decide to do

The problem with the position held by John is that Carnival used to have reggae bands. They must have put them somewhere.

I can't stand those bands! So monotonous! I would sign a petition to keep them off.

I may be in a minority, I know.

I have to agree with you, at or up to sail away its fine, but I don't want to hear it for 7 days straight.:)

I can't stand those bands! So monotonous! I would sign a petition to keep them off.

I may be in a minority, I know.

A petition to keep them off were do I sign.

And despite what you read on hear, I bet if you get the info from all the places CCL gets it. Ie: Here, online, surverys, phone polls etc. There are more people for keeping them off then bringing them back. Would be nice if they had them the first day, but if they come back weould be the only music on the Liddo deck, like it was before.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that your numbers are accurate (although something tells me that salaries, accommodations, and meals for 6 band members over one week cost considerable more). Having 2 bands on every Carnival ship year round is going to cost the company at least $7.5 MILLION dollars!

For a budget company like Carnival that watches every penny spent like a hawk, and who has a penny pinching CEO with a financial background, it may not be justifiable to spend millions of dollars in a form of entertainment that only appeals to a fraction of the cruising public.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I was there last week and all I can tell you is that on deck 14 in my oversized sun bed all I could hear was the sea and my own happiness. sunshine is a great ship , when were you on board her please?

Hi Sarge do you have new photos and copy of the funtimes?

I'll happily sign under many aliases if you don't have them setting up before noon and I can get reciprocal signatures to stop the stupid asinine "morning show" with the cruise director and Carnival underling. Anything to get in front of a camera. None of the Carnival cruise directors (Mr. Heald included) is/are entertaining first thing in the morning. Give me my few hours of lovely morning sun and gentle rolling, followed by some not-too-loud calypso & reggae.

Please sign the petition for Carnival to bring back the reggae/calypso bands

I didn't sign, as I could care less if they have a calypso band, DJ, or any type band on deck, just music that is themed to the cruise. Doesn't have to be live music, just keep the volume at a level that you can talk to the person beside you without yelling.

Now I would sign a petition to improve all aspects of CCL entertainment, as this is the area IMO CCL has really cut back.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Last week we had a balcony on the lido deck of the Carnival Glory. The thump thump from the rap and hip hop music from the Lido pool area was a constant irritation all week whenever we sat on the balcony. Since I spend a lot of time on my balcony it was like sitting next to a loud music playing car at a traffic light the entire week. If this does not stop we will not be back.

Signing the petition may not make a difference in the long run, but if you take some action, however small, at least you have the right to gripe, because you made an effort! I signed for whatever it's worth - if I'm sailing the Caribbean, I want to hear real Caribbean music, not a dj I could hear at any club!:)

I signed but I do not expect anything to come of it. Carnival has made it clear that they do not care for the experienced cruiser. They are only interested in new cruisers that do not know how things used to be.

And I think this is a very smart move on carnivals part, catering to a younger crowd to insure that they become regulars will keep carnival afloat for the next 20-30 years. Innovation and change is the only way to keep from going stagnant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums