Epic- Best For Fee Dining

TavelRN

Bang for the buck? Le Bistro and Shanghai. You are going to get good Italian food in the included dining venues and even some decent pasta in the Garden Café. La Cucina has decent food (to me kind of like an Olive Garden), but for us personally it is way too much food. Don't eat anything at least 3-4 hours before dining there.

It really depends on what you like. We can get japanese teppan cooking near home, so we didn't bother with Teppanyaki. However, like with most places like this the food is apparently very good.

We ate at Moderno and really enjoyed it. The salad bar is out of this world on the Epic (it's shared with Cagneys and very, very good), and the meats are very good as well. I'd pay the cover charge for just the grilled pineapple, I think :)

There are a lot of folks that like LeBistro. They say the steak in there is better than at Cagneys.

The general feedback is that while Shanghai and Lacucina are good, they're pretty similar in quality to your local chinese or italian restaurants.

Again, not knowing what you're looking for, I'm going to take a leap here and suggest Teppanyaki and Moderno

Moderno and Le Bistro were both fantastic! Great food, great service, and both were great experiences. Agree with SDMike, we didn't do Teppanyaki because we have those type restaurants here, and most tend to be the same.

We did Le Bistro for our "formal night", dressed up and had a more formal experience. Moderno gave us an awesome view, and the food was never-ending. Both are on my must-do for our next cruise.

Moderno was our favorite. Great salad bar. Ate at all restaurants multiple times on our three weeks on the Dawn. Osso Bucco in La Cucina. Rib Eyes at Cagneys.

Thought the $ 119.00 add on was a deal. Never a wait. Never crowded. No pagers for the MDR. Add that to your discounted cruise fares, and you will have a great week.

Loved the Asian in Shanghai. Service was fantastic. Traveled with DD1 who is vegan and they took care of her! Her food was so fabulous that she requested a doggie bag to take back to her cabin for a midnight snack. They used to have steamed sea bass to die for.

I love LeBistro. Food is great. On the Dawn and Sun we had a very elegant dinner. However the space on the EPIC is not the most cozy. What ship designer puts a bowling alley above an intimate French restaurant? He must have been smoking something. All we heard all night was BAM....roll....SMASH! Would not go there again.