Belize with 4 year old and 5 year old twins?

ginger123snaps

We have 3 little boy (twins that are 5 and a year old). We don't want to cave tube or zip line. I was considering taking a water taxi to caye caulker but by the time you add all of our roundtrip fares it is close to $80. I just want to make sure there is stuff for them to do there. They aren't good swimmers so snorkeling is kind of difficult…plus we don't like the idea of having to look after three kids in deep water…shorelines are better for us. Last time we were in Belize we stayed on the boat also.

We don't want to do the zoo. Quite frankly for the cost of some of these tours I could take them here locally and they would be content…they are too young to understand the value of being at a zoo in Belize vs US! Same goes for beaches. We are doing paradise beach in Cozumel. It's less expensive and fun…we have done that before. Some have suggested playa mia in cozumel but we have waterparks here that they can go to for less $ and equally fun…I feel like they should experience the beach if we are going to Mexico (can't get beaches like that here). If we go to Playa mia they will only hang out by the water park features.

We are very laid back…we could be just as content staying on the boat.

I personally am not a Belize fan, not as a cruise stop anyway. We were going to do the water taxi thing but the weather was marginal @ best so decided that wasn't a good choice. I stayed on the ship, my adult DD and her BF took the tender and were back in a short while. I'd be inclined with kids that age to stay aboard ship and just enjoy THAT day. There will be plenty of things to do and you'll prob have lots of free space to yourselves!

We were in Belize last week. We went on an airboat ride in a mangrove swamp. It was great but not a trip for a family with children. It seemed as if there are few if any beaches. If I had small children I would stay on the boat. We went on our excursion through the ship and when we finished the tour we immediately went back to the ship.