Groove for ST Jude

Midwestgal

We were on the Breeze last week and they sold the T-shirts by the main pool on the last sea day. There was always a long line of people to buy them.

Are you guys saying they did a dance or something like that also? If so, we missed that part.

Yes, they do a dance party on the Lido. Hence, the "Groove" part of it.....always a fun time:D

Strange! We bought a shirt when they first started selling them by the main pool. I then sat in the lounges and watched them selling more shirts for at least an hour. Several other activities and pool games took place but I never saw a dance party. Spent the entire afternoon sitting there.

We bought two tee shirts and a teddy bear on The Dream back in October during the Groove for St. Jude event. There was a "dance party" by the pool. Tee shirts were $10 each and the Teddy Bear was $20. Great charity!

I'm so glad I saw this.

I'll definitely buy a shirt, but knowing this, I'm going to pack my special shirt with my late daughter's photos on it to wear to the party.

In memory of Olivia 1992- 2004

My husband and I were on the Dream this past summer and they were selling the shirts for $10 and after they sold them all, they called everyone with their shirts to dance by the pool. He staff led out in the typical dances they do on cruises. It was great fun!

I don't dance (think Elaine Benes) but I make a point of purchasing a Groove t-shirt on every cruise and do wear them and other St. Jude logoed apparel. They are available any time in the Formalities or Cherry on Top shops are open.

On our Triumph 12-1-2013 cruise, they did do some dancing at the main pool on Lido. We bought a T-Shirt and a wristband for $10 each, and they also had Build-a-Bear Teddy Bears in a cardboard pet carrier that had the Carnival logo and "Groove for St. Jude" in big letters. They ran out before I could get a bear, but they sent us up to Camp Carnival, and we got to do our own Build-a-Bear (I actually did a beautiful Alaskan Huskey puppy!). He was $25., and they had many other animals you could build (monkeys, bears, alligator, etc.). Had never done a Build-a-Bear before (gift for my granddaughter), and I had a blast. It came with a t-shirt (you could also purchase other outfits), an "Adoption Birth Certificate", and a little toy. Great, inexpensive birthday gift for my Laila! She LOVED it!!! :)

We bought two kids T Shirts and wrist bands to take home to our granddaughters! We were on The Breeze January 2014. Happy to hear about the bears, make a great gift for kids next year on The Liberty! Love that all the money goes to St Jude. You can purchase T shirts in the candy shop any time.

I'm so glad I saw this.

I'll definitely buy a shirt, but knowing this, I'm going to pack my special shirt with my late daughter's photos on it to wear to the party.

In memory of Olivia 1992- 2004

I am so sorry for your loss. :(. Olivia would be proud. :). This is the only charity I donate to, all year long. Do you want to share a picture of Olivia?

I am so sorry for your loss. :(. Olivia would be proud. :). This is the only charity I donate to, all year long. Do you want to share a picture of Olivia?

KP, I like you.

This is also my charity of choice. As a lifelong Tennessean, I feel blessed and honoured to be able to donate regularly to St. Jude because no child should die in the dawn of life.

Unfortunately we missed buying our shirts on the Breeze when they had the "groove" during the day last week. We happened to be in the Fun Shop later that night and they offered them there. We were able to buy two of them.

Thank you, KP. It was really nice of you to ask.

a14.jpg

And one with her favorite, Avril:

4-25-05.jpg