Scenic Ocean View Cabins

Carnival Queen

Just came across a few posts and pics of the "new" scenic OV cabins, which I had never heard of. They look amazing!! The pics I saw first were one of the two corner cabins (9200 and 9201), so I was kind of spoiled. Of course they are not available on a couple of sailings I am looking at in Feb. 2015.:( However, the others are. Has anyone stayed in any of those 230 sq. ft. scenic OV cabins? Assume they are worth it? Seem cooler than a balcony with the front of the ship view. What about motion though? Wondering if you would feel the ship pitching being right in front of the ship, as opposed to mid-ship where we usually stay. Would love any advice/input. Thanks!

P.S. On our last CCL cruise, we tried the cove balcony after reading many great reviews and absolutely loved it. This time we're looking at the Conquest though, so these cabins sound great . . .

Just came across a few posts and pics of the "new" scenic OV cabins, which I had never heard of. They look amazing!! The pics I saw first were one of the two corner cabins (9200 and 9201), so I was kind of spoiled. Of course they are not available on a couple of sailings I am looking at in Feb. 2015.:( However, the others are. Has anyone stayed in any of those 230 sq. ft. scenic OV cabins? Assume they are worth it? Seem cooler than a balcony with the front of the ship view. What about motion though? Wondering if you would feel the ship pitching being right in front of the ship, as opposed to mid-ship where we usually stay. Would love any advice/input. Thanks!

P.S. On our last CCL cruise, we tried the cove balcony after reading many great reviews and absolutely loved it. This time we're looking at the Conquest though, so these cabins sound great . . .

I saw these rooms over a year ago when we decided we wanted to try the Sunshine. They were already all booked for much of March and April. I did get 9109 for us for March 30th so soon we'll get to see how they are!:D

We had one in January on Sunshine. LOVED the view! The pictures do not do the room justice. However, for me, it was a little rocky. Others may like the motion but I did not. There was also a mild constant vibration within the room but that may just be Sunshine. Overall I did like the room and the view was fantastic, I just would not pick it again. But glad I tried it.

We had one in January on Sunshine. LOVED the view! The pictures do not do the room justice. However, for me, it was a little rocky. Others may like the motion but I did not. There was also a mild constant vibration within the room but that may just be Sunshine. Overall I did like the room and the view was fantastic, I just would not pick it again. But glad I tried it.

My husband will be glad to hear about the rocking, lol, he really likes the motion. It will be an adventure for us for sure! Do you have pictures of your room? Which one were you in? Was there access to an outside deck near you?

Thanks!!!:D

My husband will be glad to hear about the rocking, lol, he really likes the motion. It will be an adventure for us for sure! Do you have pictures of your room? Which one were you in? Was there access to an outside deck near you?

Thanks!!!:D

LOL, I am sure you will like the room. My husband loved the location as it was on the Lido deck. Walked out of the room and down the hall and you were at the lido pool and bars! Very easy to find you way back home late at night!! To get to other outside areas you either had to go up or down.

Hmm . . . my husband didn't like this comment about the motion!! Don't know if I do either . . . we were just on RCCL Legend of the Seas last month, and that ship bobbed around like crazy the first couple of days - can't imaginen what it would have been like up front with all that motion . . . will have to think about this. Thanks for your input!

I have 9201 booked on the Valor in 2 weeks.

I'll post pics when I get back.

GAPearl posted pics from her Valor Cruise:

I received a couple of requests to get pictures of some cabins.

This is for INCHARGE. This is #9201, scenic ocean view. That room is so nice! I must book one of these.

2ec66b9d-aafa-4c46-af3b-6af40e22f64a_zps3c944dda.jpg

b7ef08d0-9862-4825-89de-10ca8d50cf0e_zps6772aaf5.jpg

954fbfd5-abf2-4589-8d51-24b080a6c128_zpsbfc81623.jpg

3d99c9d5-783f-4d05-9968-3a689bd0ab0b_zps17af02b1.jpg

2d437284-71a2-47d1-8985-752709b07553_zps44177c6e.jpg

b332d64c-e53c-401f-ac33-24dc7cb275ed_zpsb3b81215.jpg

LOL, I am sure you will like the room. My husband loved the location as it was on the Lido deck. Walked out of the room and down the hall and you were at the lido pool and bars! Very easy to find you way back home late at night!! To get to other outside areas you either had to go up or down.

Thanks! We normally have a Lido balcony so know that we love the location. Can't wait to have the captain's view! It was substantially less money than a balcony and a new experience.

We have had 9200 on the Glory and it was great. Really loved the views. The seas were a bit rough the first night but not bad at all. The rest of the cruise was smooth so no rocking and rolling. This was the first cruise where I spent this much time in the cabin. Just watching the water.

Here is a link to the pics I posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933656

Awesome pictures of 9201. I will be in 9201 on the Valor in August. Can't wait, I saw a video of the room on youtube, looks very spacious and great views. the curtains are relatively loud when moving them up and down though....Still excited...I will be looking forward to more updates on this room! :)

Okay all of you who will be in these rooms soon, please give us an update when you get back!! :)

Does anyone have any pics of the other rooms (say 9196-9199) that are not the larger corner rooms (9200 and 9201). Wondering if they are also worth it? The corner ones are already gone on the sailings I'm looking at on the Conquest.

Did you call and check for availability. These room often do not show up on the website. We just booked 9201 on the Valor for fall 2015. It wasn't showing on the website, but when we called we were able to book it. We had stayed in the same room last year and loved it. Originally we had been booked in one of the regular scenic ocean views, but were able to upgrade at no cost close to sailing. I suspect someone upgraded to a balcony as prices were dropping.

We have one of the bigger ones booked for a cruise this summer. I've read some people say the rocking motion in this room is more apparent than in a balcony? Is that right? Does anyone know if the blinds have to be up or down at specific times? I thought I read somewhere they did?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have one of the bigger ones booked for a cruise this summer. I've read some people say the rocking motion in this room is more apparent than in a balcony? Is that right? Does anyone know if the blinds have to be up or down at specific times? I thought I read somewhere they did?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm interested to know also. We have 9200 booked on the conquest for this summer and I'm excited about the room but a little nervous about the movement!

We stayed in a Grand scenic ocean view on the conquest, and the view is incredible. The blinds must be kept closed at night. I have this 6k booked again on the sunshine and the valor. The best part is about 6 a.m. when ur lovely wife is sleeping, is to hit the button to raise the blinds and let that beautiful sunshine in (after cussing me for doing that, she thought the view was incredible). The only thing u have to know is higher floors on the ship do have more rocking motion than the lower floors. The night we left Cozumel there was a bad storm and it was so ruff that we had stuff falling off the counter, so around midnight the wife tuned the tv on the ship info channel and there was a danger wind warning 52 mph angled across the ship. We loved the room and will book every chance we get.

I'm interested to know also. We have 9200 booked on the conquest for this summer and I'm excited about the room but a little nervous about the movement!

We actually have the other 6K (9201) booked on the conquest for this summer :)

Our room on Sunshine, smaller one, had no signs about closing the blinds at night. I had also read the comments on this. Also our room steward did not say anything to us about this. We did leave them open at night with the TV going and a small lamp light and nothing was said. However, we did close them if all the lights were on and we were moving around the room.

Just booked 9201 on the Glory for 2/7/15! Can't wait! Hoping for actual pictures of the room on the Glory as I've only found 9201 on conquest. I read on another thread that the Glory didn't have the tv's hanging up so I'm curious how it's setup. Though with that view who needs TV! ;)

Did you call and check for availability. These room often do not show up on the website. We just booked 9201 on the Valor for fall 2015. It wasn't showing on the website, but when we called we were able to book it. We had stayed in the same room last year and loved it. Originally we had been booked in one of the regular scenic ocean views, but were able to upgrade at no cost close to sailing. I suspect someone upgraded to a balcony as prices were dropping.

Thanks - I'll make sure I do that and also tell my travel agent when I book. Thanks to all for your input and advice so far . . .

Keep the discussion going, and hope someone will eventually have pics of the other middle scenic oceanview cabins so we can compare them to 9200 and 9201!

We were in 9200 on the Glory. Loved the room...missed the balcony the first 10 minutes on board!! Views were great, space was great. Forgot to close shades one day, came back to very warm room. Slept every night with shades up! Very cool!! Wouldn't book it again. Been on 11 cruises and never hear our neighbors! This room was terrible!! Had to play our radio constantly! Thin walls perhaps? Or loud family? Either way it didnt ruin our cruise. If you are happy with ov room you will love this one!!!!! Its just not for us!! Happy sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DTC

Thanks - I'll make sure I do that and also tell my travel agent when I book. Thanks to all for your input and advice so far . . .

Keep the discussion going, and hope someone will eventually have pics of the other middle scenic oceanview cabins so we can compare them to 9200 and 9201!

Besides 9201, we also have 9197 booked also.

Which is one of the smaller SOV's.

We will have pics in a few weeks. :D

Please call and check if the larger cabin is available. On both Valor and upcoming Sunshine cruises, the larger Scenic Grand Ocean view never showed up in the booking online. The cabin was available when the CCL Rep booked them. But if neither are available, do book the smaller cabin,

I felt no motion at all on my Valor cruise.

Edited by INCHARGE

Thanks again to all for your advice. I had my travel agent check for me today, and 9201 is available on the Conquest for our February 2015 sailing!! Woohoo - we booked it, and I cannot wait . . . should be amazing!! :D