Scenic Ocean View Cabins

Carnival Queen

I have 9201 booked on the Valor in 2 weeks.

I'll post pics when I get back.

GAPearl posted pics from her Valor Cruise:

These pictures are actually of a GRAND SCENIC OCEAN VIEW.

Over 300 sq ft. Only two on the ship.

The scenic OV are right up front, floor to ceiling windows, but a good bit smaller...230 sq ft I believe

Okay all of you who will be in these rooms soon, please give us an update when you get back!! :)

Does anyone have any pics of the other rooms (say 9196-9199) that are not the larger corner rooms (9200 and 9201). Wondering if they are also worth it? The corner ones are already gone on the sailings I'm looking at on the Conquest.

We had room 9199 on the Valor last year. My review is in my signature. Here are a couple of pics. We LOVED LOVED LOVED the room. Did I mention how I much I LOVED the room?

I kept my shades up constantly unless it was night time and my lights were on. It was awesome waking up to that view each morning.

There was more motion towards the front of the ship, but it didn't bother either one of us.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31/882364_10200928580436318_186212142_o.jpg

ETA: I see the pics didn't upload. Please let me know if you are unable to see the pics when you click on the FB links and I'll try to resend. Otherwise, check out the pics in my Valor 2013 review.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/886476_10200928581676349_780629279_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31/887276_10200928580956331_1456268030_o.jpg

Edited by Lyncoya

Thanks again to all for your advice. I had my travel agent check for me today, and 9201 is available on the Conquest for our February 2015 sailing!! Woohoo - we booked it, and I cannot wait . . . should be amazing!! :D

We had 9201 on the Freedom booked for a May cruise and was called about two months ago and given a free upgrade to a balcony on the Lido due to construction going on in 9201 during our sail date. Does this lead one to believe they may be building scenic rooms on the Freedom?

Just booked 9201 on the Glory for 2/7/15! Can't wait! Hoping for actual pictures of the room on the Glory as I've only found 9201 on conquest. I read on another thread that the Glory didn't have the tv's hanging up so I'm curious how it's setup. Though with that view who needs TV! ;)

Take care of 9201 on the Glory. We LOVED it. Here are a few photos. We did experience some vibration in that room, and a couple of times it was pretty bad...other than that, we liked this cabin as much (or maybe more) than our lido balconies.

1514334_10202271882710436_172875465_n.jpg

1511240_10202271883510456_1078465479_n.jpg

1505545_10202271884310476_1160067619_n.jpg

1488035_10202271887110546_1704913474_n.jpg

Thank you! I kinda of like vibration so it shouldn't bother me too much. After our past November cruise on the Pride, which was the roughest I've ever been on, a little vibration will probably go unnoticed! Lol. This room looks lovely. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the first I have heard of these type of rooms. I think it would be perfect for our cruise next March with our teenage daughter. Way more room and what a view! Is there a list somewhere of which ships have these type of rooms?

Not sure about Scenic Ocean View.... but the posted pix look great.

My husband and I were in #9201 on the Breeze at Christmas for an 8 day cruise. It's a great room. There was some rocking, but after a day, I didn't notice it. Unfortunately, my body noticed it after we got home. I had a few days of motion sickness, mostly while sitting in front of the computer.

Not sure about Scenic Ocean View.... but the posted pix look great.

My husband and I were in #9201 on the Breeze at Christmas for an 8 day cruise. It's a great room. There was some rocking, but after a day, I didn't notice it. Unfortunately, my body noticed it after we got home. I had a few days of motion sickness, mostly while sitting in front of the computer.

There's a name for that "land sickness." It's call mal de debarquement and can be severe and last for days to weeks or longer. Funny thing is that I've had it after every cruise EXCEPT this past cruise when we were in 9201, as if the view looking forward (rather than on the side of the ship and seeing the water rush by) had "cured" me.

There's a name for that "land sickness." It's call mal de debarquement and can be severe and last for days to weeks or longer. Funny thing is that I've had it after every cruise EXCEPT this past cruise when we were in 9201, as if the view looking forward (rather than on the side of the ship and seeing the water rush by) had "cured" me.

I do believe my DS had it last year. Two days after we got home, he was in bed for two days. He was fine during the trip other than a little queasy on the first night. I had ginger candy and ginger capsules (thanks CC) and he was fine the rest of the trip. Then it hit him again after we got home. Poor kid. Hope he makes out fine in the Scenic OV, we have one booked on the Sunshine, and I'm super excited!!!

This is the first I have heard of these type of rooms. I think it would be perfect for our cruise next March with our teenage daughter. Way more room and what a view! Is there a list somewhere of which ships have these type of rooms?

Glory, Conquest, Valor, Sunshine as of now.

Did I see you have to close the curtains from sunset to sunrise? That sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You are not supposed to have the lights on with the curtains up. It interferes with the bridge viability.

We left our TV on for light to see in the cabin and left them open to watch the stars and never had a problem.

When leaving Nassau there were several other ships in the distance. One was a Disney ship that started shooting fireworks which was really cool to see.