Upgrade or Upsell on Carnival

shanet60

I have a oceanview cabin we leave Saturday ..there are a lot of balconies left and I have called a few times in last couple of days and they won't budge on price..my question is will they sail with them empty or will I have another chance at a lower price when I get to port tomorrow..or even once I board?

I have a oceanview cabin we leave Saturday ..there are a lot of balconies left and I have called a few times in last couple of days and they won't budge on price..my question is will they sail with them empty or will I have another chance at a lower price when I get to port tomorrow..or even once I board?

Keep watching they might drop pricing. They used to sail full but now rumor has it they will only drop pricing so far and if they do not fill the ship they are ok with it.

Very doubtful if you can upgrade once you board. You may have a slight chance to upgrade at the Port, but don't count on it.

Your guess is as good as mine. Sailing on Monday and there are still 107 cabins open. I'm watching pricing like a hawk, since I really want to take one of those empty balconies off their hands.

They won't budge, like you said....:(

wow... it's so hard to believe these sailings have so many cabins left... very unusual... normally they drop prices because they make more money if the cabins are full with onboard purchases....

Unfortunately, this seems to be more of the norm for CCL lately. Even with all of the promotions, they still have issues.