Favorite RCCL Ship?......

Hi Everyone...

I am about to go on my second cruise, my first on Royal Caribbean. (Rhapsody of The Seas)

I've noticed in reading posts on CC that many of you have not only been on TONS of cruises, but also been on the same ship more than once! :D (I'm jealous!)

I was just wondering what your favorite RCCL ships are and why?

I know that some of you like the bigger ships and some like the smaller ones. Also, when you look at a "family" of ships, for example the Vision Family, Radiance Family, etc...aren't the ships in each family pretty much the same? Or is there a big difference? (And Im talking about the ships themselves, not their itinerary) I assume, for example, that Rhapsody, Grandeur and Splendour are almost identical.

Thanks in advance for your input and Happy Sailing!

Alexis =)

Yes, each "family" of ships is pretty much the same. There are differences between the last 2 Voyager class ships and the 1st three though. The last 2 (Navigator and Mariner) have a Chops Steakhouse, nicer glass balconies, and a larger kids/teens area.

I much prefer those last 2 Voyager class ships over any of the other ships, they're spectacular and a LOT of fun! The Radiance class ships are also quite nice, and have a bit more elegant of a feel to them than the Voyager class ships.

My vote goes to the Adventure of the Seas. My wife have sailed her twice and we always seem to have just the best time on those sailings. We do love those Voyager class ships, having been on Explorer twice, Adventure twice, Voyager once and Navigator once.

im no expert seeing as i have only been on one cruise, but the Explorer was excellent, better than i had heard. i do think it is geared a lot towards kids, porbably too much for some people. i really hope that ship hasnt spoiled me too much, im going on the Rhapsody in the fall-i am sure it is just as good.

Of my 43 cruises so far my favorite ships are the old Sun Viking and Legend of the Seas. I love all the Vision class ships and the two Voyager class that I've been on. However, I do not care for the Radiance class. I realize that I'm probably the only one in the world who doesn't care for them, but after sailing on them three times, I will not do one of them again. We're sailing on the newly stretched Enchantment next month and are really looking forward to see how it differs from when we first sailed on it.

my vote goes to the radiance. been on her three times and the jewel ( a sister ship) once and have two more booked on her. when sailing on radiance class ships you always connect with the ocean. no matter where you are on these ships you're in visual range of the sea ( my whole reason to sail:) )

now my hubby is different, he likes the voyager class.

Our favorite ships are the Radiance class - Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade. Why? Because we like the elegance of the ships, the amenities, the ships' layout, and the ease of getting around. We like the Voyager class as well, but prefer the smaller ship vs. the mega ship. We've sailed the Radiance 2 times and the others once, however we're booked on the Brilliance again next month.

Our favorite ships are the Radiance class - Radiance, Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade. Why? Because we like the elegance of the ships, the amenities, the ships' layout, and the ease of getting around.QUOTE]

Another vote for Radiance Class. The Concierge Lounge is beautiful on these as well, the adult pool lovely and overall they are just classy vessels. Also, it was explained to me on a bridge tour on Serenade in Feb that these ships have different engines and use a special kind of fuel. Made for the smoothest ride ever on a ship!

Don't care for Voyager class myself; too big and too many people, lots of kids.

Archived