Can you use Gym showers without Spa Access? (Carnival Sunshine)

VPMJ

Hi,

On our last cruise on the Breeze, we had a Spa cabin, and my Husband used the Spa showers daily, while our kids and I used the cabin shower. This helped us save time. This time, we are going on the Sunshine and will probably not get a Spa cabin, as there is no Thalassotherapy Pool. Can he use showers in the gym without the added expense of a Spa cabin or Spa pass? Thanks!

Don't know about the Sunshine, but recently cruised on Dream, did not have spa cabin or pass but showers, gym, steam room and sauna(coed) were available to everyone on board. I would assume it would be the same.

Yes , there are separate locker room and showers and other spa treatment rooms for the SPA room and SPA pass holders. The gym , locker room, showers and co ed sauna on the other side are FREE to all passengers.

Edited by MuffyKismet

Actually, I was on sunshine in January and there are only one set of locker rooms/shower/bathrooms in the spa area. These are free for all passengers. The thermal suites on this ship do not have a separate locker room set up.

The ladies locker room had very small sauna ( no windows) lockers and two decent size showers, along with toilets and sinks. There is very little room for changing/ dressing. I used the shower up there instead of room, I found them much roomier and nicer. I cannot speak for the men's room, sorry, but was told they were the same size. Oh...the saunas are not coed, each locker room has their own small one.

Edited by QTPie68

Now I'm a little confused. Two years ago on the dream you got a wrist band for the spa access. You checked in at the desk and got a swipe card to access the spa locker room with showers/lockers and you needed the card to access the steam room, hot tile bed quiet room and also the T pool etc. There was a separate mens and womens locker/washroom/shower off the hall by the gym and it was accessible.

We are booked on the spa balcony (10114) for April on Sunshine. I was remiss in not checking what our travel agent did in terms of picking the Sunshine as we really liked the T Pool. Being on the Spa deck will also be nice but I was under the impression that you needed a spa room or had to buy the spa pass in order to access the spa features including the shower/lockers. It sounds like on the Sunshine there is only one locker room /showers and anyone can access them ?

I would not have paid for a spa room/pass if that is the case. We never used our cabin shower on the Dream and loved the fact that it was never crowded in the spa when we went to relax and shower up. Guess we will see whats what when we sail on April 19.

Edited by thebsinmiss

bsinmiss, I am the OP, and it seems like that's what the other posters are saying.

On another note, I read a few posts where people said that the spa balconies on deck 10 are not covered and visible from above, as that deck juts out. Not sure if that matters to you or not.

This may be news you already know, but I will try and clarify. On the sunshine they have spa thermal suites, which are like those on the dream, breeze, etc BUT there is not a thellossopy pool, and there are not separate private spa level locker rooms with showers, etc.

There is a nice gym adjacent to the private access thermal suites and the gym lockers room are the ones everybody uses. Each sex has there own small room, with lockers, a very small sauna and two showers ( with glass door and nice shower heads). Toilets are also provided. There is very little room for changing, but they are updated and kept nice with lots of towels.

On sunshine the perks for spa room or spa passes are the thermal suites. Spa passes for a 7 day cruise is $119 one person or $200 for two people in the same room, charged to one card. A day pass was 25 or 30 , can't remember which...sorry!

Edit to add...the several times I used the shower in the ladies locker room on sunshine, even though it was for the whole boat, the only other person I knew who used the shower was my mom, so it wasn't too crowded. I wouldn't worry if you are worried about crowds in there. I think most of the people in the thermal suites showered off in rooms, or the open special showers in the thermal suites. Hope this helps!

Edited by QTPie68

Thanks for clearing that up. I found the spa pass only locker room on the Dream to be outstanding, large, clean and rarely saw more than one other person in it.

I hated using the shower in the cabin as the curtain sucked in and tried to cling to you and a long shower would flood the bathroom even with the floor drains.

Need to keep an open mind and just go with what happens on the Sunshine. Guess that's part of the intrigue of sailing on different ships. In less than 60 days we will be able to add our own review/opinions about the Sunshine ! Now I have to go shovel the snow off the driveway.

I hated using the shower in the cabin as the curtain sucked in and tried to cling to you and a long shower would flood the bathroom even with the floor drains.

We bring 2 clips that we attach to the bottom of the shower curtains in the cabin to keep them from being 'sucked' in. Any clip that has some weight to it will work -- magnetic clip that you use on the fridge for a note, a towel clip for your lounger on deck, etc.

What about the magic? Do these same things apply? Also, will they kick me out if I go in given that I'm only 13?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The magic has a cloud 9 spa, you have to have spa access to partake in the thalassotherapy pool and thermal suites, and you have to be 18 in order to do this ( even if you have a spa stateroom ) you have to check in each time you visit the spa to get a key and arm band, so... You won't be able to use the spa, sorry. (And the age for the gym is 16, so I'm afraid you've for a couple of years for that too...)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have seen pictures of the spa locker room showers from the dream, and the sunshine locker room is no where as nice. That being said, the shower stalls were a nice size, bigger than my almost double size at home, and very nice still. I didnt understand why more ladies didn't use those showers, 100 times better than a room shower!