trying to reach Nativeway

vacationgal

How far ahead are you trying to book? I just went ahead and called them in May for December and they said they are trying not to book more than 3-4 months in advance because by then they know better what time most of the ships will be in port and what time to start a tour to accomadate the most # of ships. That way they wouldn't have to call everyone back to change the time if they needed to. She did say though that since I called she would book me. So, if it's really important to you call them. I found out later that call cost me $26 though. Yikes!

I did email Sharon last week asking if she was sure I would get back to my ship in time and it took 3-4 days for a reply. (And she did reassure me that it would not be a problem.)

Good Luck!

I'm really not sure how people get outrageous bills calling the Caymen's, but I have seen others report this. Think I would switch service providers.

When I call outside the country, I use a phone card. Maybe $20 for 500 or more US minutes. Whenever I call Grand Cayman on one of those, the cost comes out to less than 30 cents a minute. At least I know what the maximum damages will be.

I also never have trouble when emailing Nativeway, although I know others sometimes do. Sometimes Nativeway (and much of Grand Cayman since Ivan) has Internet problems.

I might email once or twice and then call if no response. They will often discount the tour for those who have to call to reach them.

It took me two email messages but did hear back from Sharon on the second one, about 3 days later. I will be taking the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion on September 6. Once she got back to me, she was great, even gave me a phone call to obtain my credit card information to hold the reservation. I'd try a second email if I were you, I'm sure you'll hear back. I was also concerned about getting back to the ship on time and I was assured that I had nothing to worry about.

I went out and bought a cheap prepaid phone card and called Sharon today. We were able to get our reservations for Sept. 21 with no problem-yea!! I asked her if she had received my emails and she looked and had not! No wonder she hadn't responded, glad I didn't wait any longer to her from her before I called. :o Thanks for everyones input.

Archived