Tendering

EasthamCC

We've been to Cozumel many times, but this trip we're taking on the Pearl, in March, we will be tendering. Never have before and was just wondering why?

I did hear that there will be 6 ships in port that day.

If anyone has tendered into Cozumel before, does it take a big time crunch out of your day?

Thanks, Linda

Where does it tell you if you are tendering? I got a surprise two years ago when we had to tender in Roatan. I had never heard of anyone having to tender there before that. It took forever to get off that ship.

I have never tendered in Cozumel but there are like 8 -10 ships in port wirh us. I do not want any surprises in Cozumel this time.

Only one other ship in Roatan with us this time and they will go to Mahogany Bay so I think we are safe there.

We have tendered three times in Cozumel. It has never taken long. If you take an NCL tour, you meet in the lounge and all leave together on the same boat. No problem, unless you have a local tour company, but they will more than likely wait for you.

We've been to Cozumel many times, but this trip we're taking on the Pearl, in March, we will be tendering. Never have before and was just wondering why?

If anyone has tendered into Cozumel before, does it take a big time crunch out of your day?

Thanks, Linda

Cozumel is the Grand Central Station of the Western Caribbean. If there more ships than dock spaces on any given day, someone will have to tender.

We've been to Cozumel many times, but only tendered there once. It didn't take long, other than waiting in the lines on the ship for the tender..but even those move pretty fast.

Edited by VideoTech

Thanks, Linda

It can be a time sink, but a lot also depends on the weather. We were on the Jewel just before Christmas, we had to tender, and the seas were up, so the tenders were only leaving from one side of the ship. That added a lot of time. We had a noon lunch appointment and we made it, but I was beginning to wonder.

Another factor was that there were two RCCL ships docked (Navigator and Oasis) and two Carnival ships also tendering to one port, so there was a mass of humanity in the taxi queue. That said, it moved better that I thought when we got in line.

Also, Cozumel has two ports and one has two docks, so if you can't find your tender, it's a couple of blocks away.

Kevin