Istanbul based food tour

When are you going to be in Istanbul? I am interested in doing a food tour, and was going to contact a guide to try to arrange a custom tour. I will be on the Prisendam in early October, 2014. I would be interested in what you find.

Thanks.

we are looking for someone who may have done a food oriented private tour in Istanbul? We still want to see the historical sites but really want to experience the local cuisine and markets. Any ideas?

I went on Trip Advisor and made the restaurant my destination. Went to Ciya Sofrasi which is on the Asian side.....They will explain all the food to you...Really, u can DIY. Go on Trip Advisor. Forgot the screen name, but there are really good suggestions for restaurants, and u can see the sights as u go along.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be there in December. I will post here if I find anything.

Viator has a food tour that goes through the Bazaar and Spice Market. Maybe someone here has been on the tour, or you might check the same on Trip Advisor.

Just read a great Travel & Leisure article about Istanbul restaurants. Google it.

Report back, we'd love to hear about it.

Mary