Excursion reservations

Inishmore

This may be a stupid question, but I booked our cruise on the Divina through a TA for this August. Final payment is due by May 9th.

I can get on MSC's site to make reservations for excursions and I can book drink packages. As those are done directly through MSC and not our travel agent, do they also need to be paid in full by May 9th, or just by the time we sail?

Even if they are not due by May 9th, can I prepay the excursions and drink packages? I like to prepay everything that I can, including gratuities, so that we start our cruise with a clean slate.

Thanks!

My understanding is that extras need not be paid in advance. Many MSC cruisers prefer to book extras in advance but wait until onboard to pay for excursions and drinks packages so as to benefit from MSC club points.

Many thanks CruiseIreland!

Your post reads like you're a capable, smart and resourceful person. Just curious. Why didn't you just book the cruise yourself? Its obvious you can find your way around.

In my experience you can sometimes obtain better deals via TAs which may mean the same price as the MSC web site but you're given some OBC or free transfers , cheap deal on the drinks package.etc.

It's worth talking to a few TAs first and getting quotes from them

Pete

This may be a stupid question, but I booked our cruise on the Divina through a TA for this August. Final payment is due by May 9th.

I can get on MSC's site to make reservations for excursions and I can book drink packages. As those are done directly through MSC and not our travel agent, do they also need to be paid in full by May 9th, or just by the time we sail?

Even if they are not due by May 9th, can I prepay the excursions and drink packages? I like to prepay everything that I can, including gratuities, so that we start our cruise with a clean slate.

Thanks!

Go on line and pre-order but don't pay for drinks packages etc. That way you get the cost counted as on board spend and get the MSC club points.

You could easily loose 3 or 4 points by pre-paying.

MSC CLUB LEVELS (every point is valuable)

Classic 3 - 21 points

Silver 22 - 42

Gold 43 - 99

Black 100+

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Go on line and pre-order but don't pay for drinks packages etc. That way you get the cost counted as on board spend and get the MSC club points.

You could easily loose 3 or 4 points by pre-paying.

Yes, pre book online, but don't pay until you sail. I don't think that they even provide the option of paying when you book online; they just automatically say that your onboard account will be charged after you board. I believe that the price is lower if you pre-book online; I noticed that prices listed onboard for excursions were higher than the prices that I paid after booking online.

Honest to god I couldn't care less about "points".

Any more than do I clip coupons for toilet paper.

To be fair no-one has answered your post with a suggestion of pionts.In fact I answered suggesting you may be able to get a better deal by using a TA as against booking direct with the cruise line.

As for points they very quickly give good discounts on cruise fares, over and above any deal you might get

Pete

Edited by Skier52