NCL Pearl-- 10 day?

beth51279

Hi Everyone

Were in the middle of planning next Jan vacation. We are looking at NCL Pearl 10 day Eastern and Southern Caribbean. Has anyone done it? Pros/Cons? We are taking our 2 kids. Thanks so much!!!

The Pearl is NCL's music charter ship. Don't want to disappoint you as it isn't written in stone yet, but you might want to read this thread before planning too much:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987114

So far through various posts in the January roll calls, it looks like Pearl will most likely be chartered:

Sandy Beaches 1/10-17/15

Cayamo 1/17-24/15

Rock Boat XV 1/24-28/15

The above eliminates the possibility of any 10 or 11 day cruises in January. :( And I was so looking forward to the 11 day one. :( Wish they would have left the Sun doing these routes like it is this year.

Edited by ferfoodle
correct grammer

The Pearl is NCL's music charter ship. Don't want to disappoint you as it isn't written in stone yet, but you might want to read this thread before planning too much:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987114

So far through various posts in the January roll calls, it looks like Pearl will most likely be chartered:

Sandy Beaches 1/10-17/15

Cayamo 1/17-24/15

Rock Boat XV 1/24-28/15

The above eliminates the possibility of any 10 or 11 day cruises in January. :( And I was so looking forward to the 11 day one. :( Wish they would have left the Sun doing these routes like it is this year.

I agree; they should have left the Sun on these routes. (I love the Sun, by the way.) I'm booked B2B on the 10-day Eastern followed by the 11-day Southern beginning on 1/12/2015, but have already booked Princess to Hawaii as a replacement. And NCL just raised rates on a bunch of cabins on the cruises to be cancelled. Very odd.

I agree; they should have left the Sun on these routes. (I love the Sun, by the way.)

They can't as they are moving Sun to Tampa because Dawn is likely to move (or some other ship and then Dawn is placed to it's place) to Port Canaveral.

And NCL just raised rates on a bunch of cabins on the cruises to be cancelled. Very odd.

That's not intentional. They often raise prices for pretty much all cruises when they start a new promotion like the kids free that just started - they do not hand pick the likely to be cancelled cruises at that point.

Edited by Demonyte

Just got off the Sun and they announced that the Pearl would be doing the 10/11 day cruises for next year 2015. I was hoping to do another Feb 2015 and was glad the SUN would not be the ship (did not care for it). I am now hesitant on making any plans if there is a chance that it could be chartered. It really is hard for people who have to plan time off far in advance to make any sort of plans....doesn any other line do the 10 day or longer cruise, I would be willing to change cruise lines ????