Pack up the kids. They're cruising for free

sparkey2030

So would it be rude of me to call and not use my pcc... She may have the day off I left a message and emailed her . Or should I just exit til Monday she has been great thus far and should not want to step on any toes....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much to the original poster. You have made four people very very happy today. We had two non-obstructed oceanview staterooms booked on the POA for October in Hawaii.

I just called the regular NCL number and held forever but it was so worth it. I priced on line first so knew what cost should be. When NCL first priced it they didn't allow the "kids sail free" pricing because we are not kids in age but I pointed out the fine print and they adjusted the pricing. Just mentioning this in case you get a "doesn't apply to adults" response.

We were able change our two reservations to a two bedroom stern suite with the HUGE balcony for not too much more than the two oceanviews. I happened to remember something about a "deal" where you could use a cruise reward and get $100 OBC and asked if it was possible to use on this cruise. She used the reward (in addition to the two $250 deposits we had already paid for the oceanview) and said it was $300 OBC, not $100. The $300 OBC is showing up on the booking.

So thank you, thank you, thank you and have a great day :)

So, all cruise ships all destinations? Must not mean all sailings because my booked trip doesnt come up free 3rd person online nor does the one we were thinking of booking. Unless there is a promo code? Im guesing it is select sailings only?

So, all cruise ships all destinations? Must not mean all sailings because my booked trip doesnt come up free 3rd person online nor does the one we were thinking of booking. Unless there is a promo code? Im guesing it is select sailings only?

Exactly, it does not. All sailings is a completely different thing.

From NCL.com - "Book select sailings on all our ships denoted by a icon_kidsSailFree_orange-v2.png icon and kids staying as the third through eighth guest in the stateroom sail free!"

Yes select sailings~ if you look at the last sentence, I added the bold font, it states:

Book select sailings on all our ships denoted by a icon and kids staying as the third through eighth guest in the stateroom sail free!

I love this

PACK UP THE KIDS. THEY'RE CRUISING FOR FREE.

ALL SHIPS. ALL DESTINATIONS

Book select sailings on all our ships denoted by a icon and kids staying as the third through eighth guest in the stateroom sail free!

You would think that this applies to NCL's entire posted sail dates. Check your dates carefully

Exactly. It basically doesn't apply to any of the typical school vacation times. I just checked for December sailing during Christmas break and it isn't offered. I also checked during the weeks of April vacation, also not offered. How about a kids sail free promotion when kids can actually sail.

Just talked to my TA and we got a refund for what we paid for my Dtr. Thanks to the OP for the heads up!!!

You said that you already made your final payment, then they refunded the price of your daughters fare? I was told by my TA that NCL wouldn't do it. One difference may be that my cabin category is completely booked, but that shouldn't matter if they issue a refund. I guess I'll just have to try myself and see if I can get somewhere...

Exactly. It basically doesn't apply to any of the typical school vacation times. I just checked for December sailing during Christmas break and it isn't offered. I also checked during the weeks of April vacation, also not offered. How about a kids sail free promotion when kids can actually sail.

That depends on location. I noticed summer cruises to the Caribbean are not included, but some to other locations, like Europe this summer are included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ack!

Sale sale sale!

Looking at a Family Suite on the Star out of LA in December for under $4k for our family of 5. Includes $300 OBC too. Outstanding price.

Anyone know where the 5th person sleeps? I see a king/queen, a couch, and nothing else

Ack!

Sale sale sale!

Looking at a Family Suite on the Star out of LA in December for under $4k for our family of 5. Includes $300 OBC too. Outstanding price.

Anyone know where the 5th person sleeps? I see a king/queen, a couch, and nothing else

Were you able to use the kids sail free for a suite? i just read the fine print that states it's not applicable to Haven or suites. Did I read this wrong? Thanks.

Were you able to use the kids sail free for a suite? i just read the fine print that states it's not applicable to Haven or suites. Did I read this wrong? Thanks.

I just looked at it. There are terms for 3 promos on that page. If I am reading it right, the Haven exclusion is only for the cabin upgrade promo.

Well, I'm assuming when it says it's $599 per person for a Family Suite, this is giving me guests 3-5 for free basically. :)

Ack!

Sale sale sale!

Some of the Family Suites on the Star have a murphy bed.

We made our final pmt last Sunday, perhaps that has something to do with it. I would call Norwegian and ask them!

Final payment = the date that is designated by NCL as 75(?) days before sailing.

Not pointing you out specifically...just referencing the comment's aspects.

It can also be misinterpreted as "I made my final payment with 3 months left to go." In this example if the person was paying down their balance, their final payment is more of a "whew finally!"

So it's quite possible the above poster was not within the "final payment period"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ZoneHPH

Well, I'm assuming when it says it's $599 per person for a Family Suite, this is giving me guests 3-5 for free basically. :)

That is averaging the price over the total number of travelers. For five guests paying $600 each = $3000 or $1500 for each of the first two guests (as the price before discount) then the guests 3-5 free also=$3000. This is all plus taxes and port fees for each guest, of course. The discount is that you'd be paying an additional $400 per guest (depending upon ship and sailing) for guests 3-5, thus saving you $1200.