Pack up the kids. They're cruising for free

sparkey2030

Final payment = the date that is designated by NCL as 75(?) days before sailing.

Not pointing you out specifically...just referencing the comment's aspects.

It can also be misinterpreted as "I made my final payment with 3 months left to go." In this example if the person was paying down their balance, their final payment is more of a "whew finally!"

So it's quite possible the above poster was not within the "final payment period"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That could be the distinction there. I am within the 75 days (at 70...woohoo)! I am on hold now...I'll shoot y'all an update when I get an answer! Wish me luck!

So would it be rude of me to call and not use my pcc... She may have the day off I left a message and emailed her . Or should I just exit til Monday she has been great thus far and should not want to step on any toes....

I just got off the phone with the General Contact #. They were great as I was also concerned about "stepping on toes" even though it is my savings. They were able to make the changes I wanted including changing from GTY to a booked room. They made all the changes to my original PCC's booking.:D

I am on hold I don't want to wake up and see it gone I have 2 kids so it will be a big savings for me...

Hang in there:rolleyes: I was on hold for almost an hour!! By the way I did lose some OBC but they did give me back 30.00. Very generous of them.. but the savings overall were worth the loss.:)

NCL told our Cruises Only agent that we can't rebook and get the kids sail free promotion. They're saying it's for new bookings only. Worth trying again later?

I just called ncl and all they did was cancel my original booking and rebooked it with the same room....

I canceled and re-booked through my travel agent, so it was a "new booking."

Trust me, NCL isn't going to pore through cancelled bookings to weed out those that are not "true" new customers. They are aware that there are other cruise lines out there.

The CO agent is telling me that NCL won't allow us to rebook as it's for brand new customers. Grrrr- I'd really like to take advantage of this..we could move out of a GTY room AND save a hundred bucks!

That is averaging the price over the total number of travelers. For five guests paying $600 each = $3000 or $1500 for each of the first two guests (as the price before discount) then the guests 3-5 free also=$3000. This is all plus taxes and port fees for each guest, of course. The discount is that you'd be paying an additional $400 per guest (depending upon ship and sailing) for guests 3-5, thus saving you $1200.

Exactly, plus booking 9 months in advance I'd get an additional $300 OBC

I canceled and re-booked through my travel agent, so it was a "new booking."

Trust me, NCL isn't going to pore through cancelled bookings to weed out those that are not "true" new customers. They are aware that there are other cruise lines out there.

Cruises only is tellingme they won't book it again- so I'm thinking if we do it, we'll either go straight to NCL or try to find an agent that we actually know.

That is averaging the price over the total number of travelers. For five guests paying $600 each = $3000 or $1500 for each of the first two guests (as the price before discount) then the guests 3-5 free also=$3000. This is all plus taxes and port fees for each guest, of course. The discount is that you'd be paying an additional $400 per guest (depending upon ship and sailing) for guests 3-5, thus saving you $1200.

I'm confused. Are you saying that in the pricing it's simply reducing all 5 fares to equal the same total it would be with pay 2 get 3 free?

I'm pricing Breakaway June 1-8 & it's showing family oceanview picture window for $475pp. So, I would think that my total would be $475x2 + taxes/port charges. ($1900 ish?)

However, it prices out at $2378 + 907.55 = $3285.55

I'm confused. Are you saying that in the pricing it's simply reducing all 5 fares to equal the same total it would be with pay 2 get 3 free?

I'm pricing Breakaway June 1-8 & it's showing family oceanview picture window for $475pp. So, I would think that my total would be $475x2 + taxes/port charges. ($1900 ish?)

After you see the total of $3285.55 look under it to see "View Details". Click on it and it will show you the pricing for each of the 5 people. Another way to see if the price is correct is to price your same cruise out with only 2 people to see what the average pp is when only 2 cruise.

The price per person they list is a calculate rated based on their charge for the room divided the number of people. So your fare would be $475 x 5 plus fees

In actuality, the first two people in the room are $1,200 and the remaining 3 are free.

June on the Breakaway isn't part of the promotion. It's select sailings.

****EDITED: SCRATCH THAT! I see that week IS included. Sorry.

Edited by LrgPizza

We rebooked through a PCC and got the following...

Guest Dare Total:

was $1979.20

now $1256.96

change -$722.24

Unlimited Dining Package:

was $357.00 (119 x 3)

now $119.00 (first two free, 1 @ 119)

change -$238

OBC

was $100.00

now $50.00

change +$50.00