Buying drink package onboard part way through

Hello, I have been looking for this information online, and I cannot find the answer. And the search function is still not working here on CC. So, my question is- if you buy a drink package (say, Premium) on RCI onboard, part way through the ship, do you get charged for the package for every night of the 7 night cruise, or just for the nights you've added the package for?

Such as, if I purchase the package on night 2 or 3, do I get charged $55 per day for the 4 or 5 nights or the entire 7?

The only info I can find is that you must purchase the package before there are 4 nights left. Thanks :)

It is really a pain they have disabled the search function.

Google "ultimate Royal Caribbean drink package thread" and the best current thread comes up.

It sure is a pain. A lot of threads are getting buried because many post new threads since they cannot find their answer within the first few pages of posts. :cool:

And Thanks! I will google that!

I am thinking of adding it on the first night, to take effect the next day. I am not sure we'd use it the first night for all it is worth so I may rather pay by the drink the first day- and I am still undecided if it will at all.

Edited by chicy724

It sure is a pain. A lot of threads are getting buried because many post new threads since they cannot find their answer within the first few pages of posts. :cool:

I am thinking of adding it on the first night, to take effect the next day. I am not sure we'd use it the first night for all it is worth so I may rather pay by the drink the first day- and I am still undecided if it will at all.

If you want the package to take effect on day 2, you should buy it on day 2. I'd not trust their system to properly handle a purchase on day 1 taking effect on day 2.

Thank you for posting this question! We are on a 14n TA in November and I'll probably take about 4 days (weather permitting) to get my sea days. So for example I'll have 9 days left - am I getting this right that I'll just pay for 9 x $55 for example?

Sorry but I keep reading that if you purchase on day 2 that you get charged the whole duration. I may have the replenish on day 1 and then upgrade to the top package say on day 9 if that's possible too? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for posting this question! We are on a 14n TA in November and I'll probably take about 4 days (weather permitting) to get my sea days. So for example I'll have 9 days left - am I getting this right that I'll just pay for 9 x $55 for example? This is correct.

Sorry but I keep reading that if you purchase on day 2 that you get charged the whole duration. I may have the replenish on day 1 and then upgrade to the top package say on day 9 if that's possible too? Thanks in advance! Not sure, ask on board before you purchase.

See answers in RED above.

I was just on Seranade and purchased on day 2 of a 7 day and they charged me for 7 and was told they do not prorate. Complained at Guest Services and they talked with bar manager and he denied. Now waiting to hear back reference my complaint.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was just on Seranade and purchased on day 2 of a 7 day and they charged me for 7 and was told they do not prorate. Complained at Guest Services and they talked with bar manager and he denied. Now waiting to hear back reference my complaint.

Crazy. It's almost as if you have to carry all the terms and conditions and FAQs with you on the cruise.:rolleyes:

Please report back when you hear something.

We plan to do this as well. First day we won't drink as much plus we will use the BOGO from our crown and anchor for wine and beer at dinner. Let the drinks flow for the remaining 7 nights.

That is interesting. I suppose they are rather cryptic in their explanation and simply state that you can purchase it up to the point of having 4 days left.. but they do not state anything about prorating. That is why I asked this question.

I will probably just have to buy it from the beginning and hit it hard from the second I hit the ship with our friends starting day 1! We are on Coco Cay on day 2, early AM and I do not think I will have enough time to get to Guest Services that morning to add the package to be effective while on Coco Cay that day.

Edited by chicy724

That is interesting. I suppose they are rather cryptic in their explanation and simply state that you can purchase it up to the point of having 4 days left.. but they do not state anything about prorating. That is why I asked this question.

I will probably just have to buy it from the beginning because we are on Coco Cay on day 2, early AM and I do not think I will have enough time to get to Guest Services that morning to add the package to be effective while on Coco Cay that day.

Here's an FAQ entry from Royal's website that talks about the prorated price. Better print it out and take it with:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Thanks! I find the information in itself conflicting. "Must be purchased for duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase."

So itself is saying, it must be purchased for the duration of cruise- i.e. 7 nights. But will be prorated based on date of purchase? So it can be purchased prior to having 4 days left, but must be purchased for all 7 days, or just those 4 days @ prorated price?

"Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase."

Thanks! I find the information in itself conflicting. "Must be purchased for duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase."

So itself is saying, it must be purchased for the duration of cruise- i.e. 7 nights. But will be prorated based on date of purchase? So it can be purchased prior to having 4 days left, but must be purchased for all 7 days, or just those 4 days @ prorated price?

"Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase."

That is probably the best you will find from Royal. You will rarely find something stated in a clear and unambiguous fashion.

Well, after a 30 minute call to RCCL I was refunded the prior days and the over charge. They charged me an adult price for soda package for my DD. They said the ship goofed and was surprised when I complained on ship that it was not resolved. So if you do not mind the possibility of having to call for a refund after order after the first day.

Duration in this instance means from when you buy it until the end of the cruise. So you can have it pro-rata for the remaining days but can't, for example, buy it for days 3-5.