Just got off Enchantment of the seas!!! 2-24-14 Review and pics!!

First of all, your review is awesome. One of the best I've ever read. My hubby and I have taken about 5 cruises, the Adventure of Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas and two on Celebrity. Now we would love to take our kids and grandkids on a cruise. They have never sailed. We thought a 4 night would be a good intro for them. They have 3 boys, 10, 7, and 5. Do you think they would like this cruise? Also, I know the port is quite a distance from the airport. What would be the earliest flight you would take home. We would come in a day early. What is the best way to get to the port from the airport? All help is appreciated.

Newbie here! Thanks so much for your review. We just booked this cruise (our first) for August. It'll be me, DH, and sons 11 & 8. We are pretty excited!

Your pictures were awesome! We are planning to go to the beach day at Blue Lagoon, but not sure if we should book with the ship or another excursion company. We'd like at least a few hours on the island. Do you happen to know how long you are at Blue Lagoon if you book with the ship?

First of all, your review is awesome. One of the best I've ever read. My hubby and I have taken about 5 cruises, the Adventure of Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas and two on Celebrity. Now we would love to take our kids and grandkids on a cruise. They have never sailed. We thought a 4 night would be a good intro for them. They have 3 boys, 10, 7, and 5. Do you think they would like this cruise? Also, I know the port is quite a distance from the airport. What would be the earliest flight you would take home. We would come in a day early. What is the best way to get to the port from the airport? All help is appreciated.

4 night is perfect for a first cruise! This cruise was awesome. Especially for kids! The beach is perfect for them. We had a flight going home at 430pm which was way to much time. Maybe a 1pm flight? We were off the ship and at the airport around 10am. Yeah gettin there a day early is nice so you can relax. We got there 2 days early. Which is ok but I would prob do 1 day next time cause the whole time I just wanted to get on the ship! We used coco beach shuttle to get to and from the airport. The hotel we stayed at offered a shuttle to the port the morning of the cruise. It was like 10 or 12 bucks a person. Makes it really easy. You just check in when you get there and tell them you want to use the shuttle and they put you on a list for that time slot. I hope this helps! Ask anything else if I didnt cover anything lol

Newbie here! Thanks so much for your review. We just booked this cruise (our first) for August. It'll be me, DH, and sons 11 & 8. We are pretty excited!

Your pictures were awesome! We are planning to go to the beach day at Blue Lagoon, but not sure if we should book with the ship or another excursion company. We'd like at least a few hours on the island. Do you happen to know how long you are at Blue Lagoon if you book with the ship?

I am not sure with booking with the ship. I know if you book with the ship you may pay a little more but you take the ferry right off the port. I emailed blue lagoon island about the dolphin excursion and they said since we were with royal we had to book through them for contract reasons. But I see a lot of people book through blue lagoon to save and don't say anything about being on a cruise. They didnt say anything to us about we could only stay there a certain amount of time. We were able to stay as long as we wanted just as long as we were back before the ship was gone. They have ferrys that go back and forth every few hours. Hope this helps!

I am not sure with booking with the ship. I know if you book with the ship you may pay a little more but you take the ferry right off the port. I emailed blue lagoon island about the dolphin excursion and they said since we were with royal we had to book through them for contract reasons. But I see a lot of people book through blue lagoon to save and don't say anything about being on a cruise. They didnt say anything to us about we could only stay there a certain amount of time. We were able to stay as long as we wanted just as long as we were back before the ship was gone. They have ferrys that go back and forth every few hours. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the information. We watched some videos of the dolphin encounter & swim last night and now my 8 year old wants to do that lol. My 11 year old would rather go scuba diving, so maybe we will split up for part of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the information. We watched some videos of the dolphin encounter & swim last night and now my 8 year old wants to do that lol. My 11 year old would rather go scuba diving, so maybe we will split up for part of the day.

That sounds fun! I like scuba! Little scary at first but really fun.

• 1 month later...
Blue Lagoon is our favorite part of Nassau. We were there this past August. The excursion through the ship was sold out so I got off the ship early and walked down to "the info desk". We were able to purchase the same beach excursion for half the price of the ship and we got to stay all day as opposed to the 2-3 hrs with the ship!

My family and I will be sailing on the Enchantment on 12/05/14. My oldest DD wants to swim with dolphins. You mentioned in the post that the ship excursion was full so you got off the ship and booked it at half the cost.

Can you give me more specific info on where you went to book this? I have been to Nassau many times and I am familiar with the market and the info desks in the first building they shuffle you through. Is that where you went? Do you remember the cost? And was it a swim with dolphins?

She wants to swim with them not just be in the same pool and pet them. Your information would be invaluable to me. Thank you for your time.

Thank you

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

We didn't do the dolphin excursion at BL only the beach day. We booked at the "info desk" you come to right as you enter the "building". It was about half the cost of the ship.

We did the beach day last week and did the $19 guest photo. While there a family of 4 that was doing the beach day asked about booking an encounter. They let them pay the difference but had to get permission from a manager. It appeared to be based on availability. I would sure hate to go out there and be disappointed if they don't let you.

• 7 months later...