Cabin 2105 on the Solstice....any downsides?

Theodorable

Hi all

We have this cabin for a 17 night cruise in October. It is very close to the pool deck, the buffet and has a large balcony. As I can't use the search facility, can anyone tell me if there are any downsides. Really looking forward to this cruise and feel very lucky to have managed to find this cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

Hi all

We have this cabin for a 17 night cruise in October. It is very close to the pool deck, the buffet and has a large balcony. As I can't use the search facility, can anyone tell me if there are any downsides. Really looking forward to this cruise and feel very lucky to have managed to find this cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

We spent 14 nights in 2105 on Eclipse and enjoyed it so much have booked 29 days next April. We found that it was a great location!

That is wonderful news......I was hoping that it would be good. Close to everything.

Hello from Vancouver...are you looking forward to the snow tonight!

Nicola

Edited by Theodorable

Hi all

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

We book rooms 2105, 2107 and 2109 any time we can. If I remember right 2105 has the bed near the window. The balcony is oversize but not the largest. We have not had any noise from pool, Oceanview Cafe or elevators. The cabin is great. Walk right out to the pool or up one floor for Oceanview Cafe. Cant get any better. Richard

That is wonderful news......I was hoping that it would be good. Close to everything.

Hello from Vancouver...are you looking forward to the snow tonight!

Nicola

Not at all, but won't complain as we are not enjoying the deep freeze of the prairies!:eek:

Kelly

We book rooms 2105, 2107 and 2109 any time we can. If I remember right 2105 has the bed near the window. The balcony is oversize but not the largest. We have not had any noise from pool, Oceanview Cafe or elevators. The cabin is great. Walk right out to the pool or up one floor for Oceanview Cafe. Cant get any better. Richard

No, the bed is by the bath, and the balcony is the largest in 2105.

2 thumbs up for 2105. Had it for an 11 night on the Solstice last year. Great location near the pools, large balcony with great views forward and aft, just one deck down from the buffet and easy access to the lifts and stairs.

We are in the same cabin in a week.

Enjoy!

I have had 2106--identical cabin other side of ship-- on Silhouette...

...and 2111 on Eclipse...

Great cabins, especially that 2106/05 with the even larger balcony...VERY convenient to the Buffet and to all the food venues, aft elevators, etc.

If there is a single negative to the odd-numbered cabins (and the main reason I prefer 2106) it is that the SMOKING AREA is immediately outside those doors to the pool area...

We never had any problem from smoke (I am asthmatic and cigarette smoke really bothers me) wafting in to the balcony when on that side of the ship--the glass windows and deck above semi-enclose the smoking area...

BUT, the problem comes when exiting from the cabin and walking out the sliding glass doors to the pool area...You run into a gauntlet of smoke...

I had to remember to alway cross over to the other side of the ship before exiting to avoid that...

Some folks tried to suggest that there might be noise from the restroom on the deck above--but we NEVER noticed anything at all...

We'll take one of these cabins anytime we can.

Thanks for the heads up re the smoking area. As long as I can't smell it from the balcony or cabin I think we are good. I will remember to walk to the other side....should become second nature after 17 days! This is our longest cruise and I love sea days so totally excited.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

Nicola