Tervis Tumbler price???

So glad to hear the great reviews regarding the Tervis Tumblers. I bought one yesterday from Hallmark for my DH for our upcoming cruise. I paid apparently way too much. It was $22.99. Maybe because it has an awesome design for Kansas University on it. I know he is going to love it! I may have to get myself one also but will check out BBB instead of Hallmark. Enjoy!

Knowing we would never hit Platinum before the tumblers (or even totes now) were gone I helped out a fellow cruiser and bought two off ebay. I will look for more at the Blue Iguana and Red Frog Pub now too.

Ooh, I like it with the red lid. Ours came with the blue lids.

Do you put your Tervis Tumblers in the dishwasher? I know they are dw safe but I'm so afraid to do so.

We've had 4 Carnival Tervis Tumblers from our Platinum B2B cruises in 2013. Ours do go in the dishwasher.

I think I read somewhere that the embroidery design on them may not do well in the microwave. I've never tried putting them in the microwave and don't plan on doing so.

The Tervis Tumbler are only available on ships that have Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar.

On Breeze back in October, they were $9 and change + tax and gratuity without the lid and $14 and change + tax and gratuity with the lid.

Our son bought an empty one at the Red Frog Rum Bar and thought tax and tip were only for the drinks. So he went to Guest Services and they removed the tax and tip charges.

We've had 4 Carnival Tervis Tumblers from our Platinum B2B cruises in 2013. Ours do go in the dishwasher.

I think I read somewhere that the embroidery design on them may not do well in the microwave. I've never tried putting them in the microwave and don't plan on doing so.

I have 3 and use them in the microwave--albeit, I only reheat in the microwave no more than 30 seconds. They aren't the embroidery ones. 2 are the printed ones and the other has a plastic insert between the layers in the tumbler (I got off the Disney Magic last year)

I hadn't heard about not using them in the microwave--great info to know about the embroidered ones! :)

One more post about Tervis tumblers...I have about 10 of them in various sizes & various designs, our sports team, it's 5 oclock somewhere, etc...they are the best & made in the USA...keeps hot stuff hot & cold stuff cold...no sweating on the glasses nor rings on the end tables. I take at least 2 on every cruise...luv them! hold up well in the dishwasher....

Edited by gram2trips

Sorry for asking. But what are they?

LOL..this is/was my big question about it...:) Although I keep reading about them..it is a funny name.

I remember cool ones, not same brand I suppose, but with similar idea from the 50's...one set was coffee mugs with pastel colors and burlap in the air space. Another was taller black interior and gold outside with a matching pitcher for ice tea..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 1 month later...
Ooh, I like it with the red lid. Ours came with the blue lids.

Do you put your Tervis Tumblers in the dishwasher? I know they are dw safe but I'm so afraid to do so.

I dropped one of my tervis tumblers and the tumbler was fine but the lid broke. Does anyone know where you can get replacement lids?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

I dropped one of my tervis tumblers and the tumbler was fine but the lid broke. Does anyone know where you can get replacement lids?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Bed bath and beyond, I believe they are around $5

I'm a tervis addict, but I suspect I won't be seeing them on the imagination this summer. I love then, but I will likely take cheaper knock offs for a cruise. They sell a couple types of lids. There are bright colored ones like in the pictures and they close. There are also some that are a clear-white plastic that are more basic and just have a small round hole. Both types are available at BB&B. I think they come in sets of 4.

I almost always use a lid on mine for different reasons. They aren't spill proof, but if they get knocked over with a lid there is usually less spilled. When I'm somewhere outside my home, the lid gives some protection from bugs, dirt, sneezes, etc. I keep trying to train the rest of the family to embrace the lids!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I brought the Red frog tumbler because at the time the gift was the baseball cap.I asked my room steward what the gift was and he told me hat. I was so surprised to come back to the cabin one night and find my tervis cup hiding behind my towel elephant.Thanks Felipe the best room steward on the Glory.

I was thinking about buying one on board since Freedom should have them, then I thought about the risk of getting it lost or stolen as many people will have the same one, so I was going to order a different design on the Tervis site but while there I saw that there is a Tervis store in Key West and that will be our first stop! :D

ImageUploadedByForums1399130329.795924.jpg.d0027dd4fa23bd42c81d5aa89fc1fd94.jpg

We love our Tervis Tumblers. We order them from the Tervis website and personalize them for different activities that we have done on the cruise. This cup represents the cruise we did a dolphin excursion. I use these cups everyday. They are a daily reminder of the fun we had while on the cruise. I put them in the dishwasher with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1399130285.588932.jpg.f5ef65af0ad9bca5ba9aa17303d8c539.jpg

You can order Tervis glasses, cups, and larger Tervis glasses from their web site. They have an amazing assortment with all types of logos or pictures on them. Unfortunately, they do not have the Carnival tumbler. Yes, they are made in Florida and we have had Tervis tumblers for many years. They are really the best in humid heat to keep drinks cold. I use one every day for sodas, tea & more . Love them. ;)

I was thinking about buying one on board since Freedom should have them, then I thought about the risk of getting it lost or stolen as many people will have the same one, so I was going to order a different design on the Tervis site but while there I saw that there is a Tervis store in Key West and that will be our first stop! :D

Fun to know! One saying Key West would be perfect. Is the store within walking distance?

Fun to know! One saying Key West would be perfect. Is the store within walking distance?

Yes. The Tervis store is just to the north of Mallory Square. As you are walking towards Duval St. The store is on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...

One of the other teachers at school gave me a Tervis cup for my birthday! :D Now I'm an addict:o I've since bought about 6 more in various sizes. It's become a new addiction and I feel as if I've become a spokeswoman for TERVIS now lol..

If you don't absolutely have to have a Tervis tumbler with the Red Frog or Blue Iguana logo, go to the Tervis web site. They have hundreds of designs to choose from. Far more than what Bed, Bath & Beyond carries.

I agree...

We found these at Cracker Barrel last summer,just before our cruise.

IMG_3556.jpg