Booking speciality restaurants

metter

I understand that Captain Club members can book the speciality restaurants in advance. The Celebrity site states this cab be done on the internet.

Has anyone managed this? I have bought the 3 dinner package but can only book for the first night not all 3.

I understand that Captain Club members can book the speciality restaurants in advance. The Celebrity site states this cab be done on the internet.

Has anyone managed this? I have bought the 3 dinner package but can only book for the first night not all 3.

I tried yesterday, that is booking 3 speciality restaurant package for cruise August 26th. Would only let me nominate the first night as one of the selected 3 nights. So I didnt go any further with it. Will try again closer to the date.

You can only choose the first night, then the rest is done when you board. There will be a table set up with several representatives from the different restaurants and you will choose the rest then. We changed our package to unlimited dining once we boarded and they just charged us the difference. We were able to book every restaurant on what night and at what time we preferred. The cost was $29pp per day, and also included the Bistro and the Porch for lunches. It was well worth the upgrade!

I only wish I could actually book the package. On the UK Website I just get a message saying it is not possible to book in advance and you cannot purchase a package until you board. This on all 4 cruises we have reserved in April/May. I tried calling (premium rate phone) and went through a menu of "press button 2 etc. etc. for about 10 mins only to get a recorded message at the end telling me the office is closed today. Frustrating does not really describe this rubbish service.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to prebook dining packages since you pay in advance anyhow and only pick the 1st or 2nd night. You still will make your other reservations once onboard like everyone else. If your are elite status with Celebrity you can prebook one night specialty resturant thru Captains Club number and they will get back to you with your chosen date, time, etc. Have done this on my past three sailings without paying till onboard. In essence I get two nights reserved in advance with prebooking a package as well, which still isn't that big a deal. But then I know I have that Murano res for formal night later in the cruise, so that's fine with me

I only wish I could actually book the package. On the UK Website I just get a message saying it is not possible to book in advance and you cannot purchase a package until you board. This on all 4 cruises we have reserved in April/May. I tried calling (premium rate phone) and went through a menu of "press button 2 etc. etc. for about 10 mins only to get a recorded message at the end telling me the office is closed today. Frustrating does not really describe this rubbish service.

Oh, so sorry to hear of your troubles with booking your speciality dinners. I understand your frustration. :(

Mary, Marshall and Michael say "hello" to you from FL. :cool:

Cheers!!

Hi, I've just managed to book a 5 Dinners Speciality Package this afternoon through the UK website. I wondered if I would be able to reserve and pay with OBC, but a payment is required straight away to complete the booking.

We had to confirm a time for a booking on the first night, but were not able to pick which restaurant, Celebrity pick the restaurant. It would not let me book the package without arranging a booking for the first night. That's fine though, I would imagine if it's not one of our preferred we will be able to change this.

Hope you have more success and enjoy your cruises.

Oh, so sorry to hear of your troubles with booking your speciality dinners. I understand your frustration. :(

Mary, Marshall and Michael say "hello" to you from FL. :cool:

Cheers!!

Thanks, lovely friends

Hi, I've just managed to book a 5 Dinners Speciality Package this afternoon through the UK website. I wondered if I would be able to reserve and pay with OBC, but a payment is required straight away to complete the booking.

We had to confirm a time for a booking on the first night, but were not able to pick which restaurant, Celebrity pick the restaurant. It would not let me book the package without arranging a booking for the first night. That's fine though, I would imagine if it's not one of our preferred we will be able to change this.

Hope you have more success and enjoy your cruises.

Thanks. I'll try calling them in the morning. I don't mind them choosing which restaurant for the first dinner. I just want to book the package and pay in advance. One less thing on the account.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I'll try calling them in the morning. I don't mind them choosing which restaurant for the first dinner. I just want to book the package and pay in advance. One less thing on the account.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good luck and hopefully they won't keep you holding forever on the phone ;)

This is from the Captains Club terms and conditions

' Pre-sailing Specialty Restaurant Reservations

You can make dinner reservations for a Specialty Restaurant anywhere from 60 days to 4 days prior to your sailing date when booking a cruise on any Celebrity ship except Celebrity Xpedition®. You can make your reservation online via our dining reservation tool. If your desired time is not available, please contact our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk, as we have set aside limited seating for our Captain's Club members. Guests must be 12 years or older. Proper attire is required. View our Guest Conduct Policy*here. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Note: the Captain's Club program and inclusive member benefits are subject to change without notice.'

This reads to me that I should be able to book all meals in the package not just the first night.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Seems to me you should be able to book all evening reservations as well since you're paying for them upfront, but it's just not the way they or other cruise lines do it. Makes for lots of first boarding anxiety to get the dates and times etc that you're hoping for. I personally like to get every thing prearranged so vacation starts ASAP! Guess the only way to get around it is to book individual restaurants and pay full price.

I did that then switched to a package when I boarded and there were no issues. They applied what I had paid for each dinner to the price of the package. Its was our best ever because of the wonderful evening meals we looks forward to watch day!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk