Grand Cayman-Lobster Pot Dive Center Info

Loves_Dogs

Anyone here dive with them? If so, how was your experience? Looking at booking with them. Since my cruise has such late arrival time (10:30 to 6:00) I will not be able to make any of the morning boat dives so am looking for guided shore dives. They also want a credit card number to reserve our reservation. Has anyone here had to provide a credit card with a dive shop in GC?

In December we dove with Off the Wall Divers that were also operating out of the Lobster Pot Dive center along with Deep Blue and Wall to Wall. We had similar hours in port and were able to do 2 tank dives at 12:45. Because the sites are so close, and the shop so close to the pier, we were not rushed at all.

And I didn't put down a deposit, just had to reserve my spots with a credit card. He never actually processed it. I paid in cash when I got there.

If you just want to do guided shore dives, why don't you try Eden Rock or Sunset House?

In December we dove with Off the Wall Divers that were also operating out of the Lobster Pot Dive center along with Deep Blue and Wall to Wall. We had similar hours in port and were able to do 2 tank dives at 12:45. Because the sites are so close, and the shop so close to the pier, we were not rushed at all.

And I didn't put down a deposit, just had to reserve my spots with a credit card. He never actually processed it. I paid in cash when I got there.

If you just want to do guided shore dives, why don't you try Eden Rock or Sunset House?

Thank you so much for this information!!!

I emailed both Sunset House and Eden Rock. I dove Sunset House few years ago, guided shore dive. When I emailed them several days ago they replied they could offer guided shore dive 'based on availability'. I wrote back and asked when would they know about availability as I didnt want to show up and have no guide. They have not responded and that was almost a week ago.

As for Eden Rock, I emailed them and their daily shore dives are 9:00, 11:00 and 2:00. Since my ship doesnt arrive until 10:30, and this is a tendered port, I dont think I can make the 11:00 and 2:00 would be to late. I wrote back with this info and to thank them and they responded they could hold the dive until 11:30 for me. I just dont know if an hour is enough time to tender off the ship and get to Eden Rock.

One question, did you dive from the shop there on Church St or did they have to drive you to the location?

Thank you again for your help!

Edited by Loves_Dogs