Would family comedy at 10PM bother you?

frayedend

I understand your point in that you want more for your kids to do at night. However, in this case, with the adult shows so crowded as it is, taking away an adult show is only going to make the remaining shows that much more crowded.

Adding to family entertainment by taking away from adult entertainment isn't the answer imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand your point in that you want more for your kids to do at night. However, in this case, with the adult shows so crowded as it is, taking away an adult show is only going to make the remaining shows that much more crowded.

Adding to family entertainment by taking away from adult entertainment isn't the answer imo.

good points

I guess it's how you look at comedy. My kids have seen Jerry Seinfeld live. They love it. We love it. To me, if it's a good comedian it doesn't have to be vulgar to be considered adult entertainment.

If there is an adult with a child, no matter the age, they do allow them in. We had a comedian make fun of a couple that brought a young kid (5-6) into the adult comedy show.

I suppose it depends on the Ship or Manager of the comedy club. My 18 year old was carded when she was WITH ME and my older daughter. She had to prove her age to stay! While she has always looked younger than her actual age, I certainly do not, so there was no mistaken us for a group of kids. We also have a strong family resemblance so much so that it is obvious that she is my daughter.

Edited by bandnurse
Punctuation

My kids are always booked late at night. They are in Circle C and Club o2. They don't do every activity the club offers, but tend to like the late night stuff. They love the family comedy shows and they tend to fall into a time slot when there isn't much going on that they like at the kids clubs. They tend to have downtime and get a little bored during the late afternoon early evening We don't eat in the main dining room so that doesn't take any of their time. That's when we like to go find a nice place in front of a window and play board games or cards. My oldest and a group of his friends from Club O2 actually spent a lot of time playing games on our last cruise, of course it was raining 90% of that cruise, so they had to find something to do.

I hate that the adult ones are so late as it is. Just because I'm a grown up doesn't mean I don't like to be in bed at a reasonable hour. I wish the adult shows were earlier.

Maybe they should have the comedy in the main theatre instead of the awful playlist shows and the horrid Hasbro Game Show. There is always a long line to get in both the family and late comedy sets anyway.

I agree.

We generally don't make the later shows.

Early morning is so glorious and the trip is so short I hate to give up a morning in exchange for comedy at night.

We don't go to their shows because all the ones we have seen were awful,

But I would like to be able to go to a comedy show and not have to stress about getting a seat or not, you know?

I guess it's how you look at comedy. My kids have seen Jerry Seinfeld live. They love it. We love it. To me, if it's a good comedian it doesn't have to be vulgar to be considered adult entertainment.

I can appreciate both. If I'm watching a funny movie, sometimes I want The Jerk or Tommy Boy and sometimes I want American Reunion. Sometimes, I want Despicable Me. I've laughed hysterically at all of them.

We have a tendency to go to both the Family and Adult Comedy Shows. Unfortunately, the Comedians don't seem to have a lot of material for Family shows and it can actually be somewhat painful watching them trying to entertain the kids.

And I blame the fact that George Lopez is somewhat responsible for selecting the Comics that appear. During the Taped George Lopez introduction, you can see some of his "humor" which, as stand up Comedy, is not as good as what people see on TV. None of the Comics are in Jerry Seinfeld's class. On our Glory Cruise in January, we had 4 comics. For the Adult shows one was good, two were decent, one stunk. For the Family shows one was decent the other three were poor.

Take your kids to the main showroom rather than the Comedy Club they will probably enjoy the show more.

They don't have enough room for the 3 adult shows that they do now, so I would rather them add another adult show at 9 and maybe start family shows at 6.

But then no early seating dinner would be able to go to a family show. Besides you are posting at 2am so they could add a 1 am show. LOL. :D

I've thought about them doing comedy in the main theater but I get the idea of a comedy club type ambiance.

Just look at the crowds and u can see the one that is more popular, lots of seats at the family shows and almost every adult show is standing room only. I'm sure the waiters and bar staff really enjoy serving all those sodas to kids on the soda program instead of adults buying drinks and tipping them.:rolleyes:

I think the main problem is that they are trying to provide two different types of comedy from the same comedian. I am not sure that its possible for one guy to be the best at both ( adult and family). We have seen some amazing comedy from totally "clean" comedians. Would be neat if they had even ONE good quality "family" comedian on a 7 day. In the main theatre would be ideal. Then have your typical adult fare as usual.

I guess we have been lucky. As a family we have been on 10 cruises from the time the kids were 4 & 7 until they were 16 & 19. They were always in separate clubs except for one time when they were both in the teen club. Because they preferred hanging out together or with us, the number of times they tried the kids club totaled less than a handful...they never liked it. Yes I did encourage them to try. But I wasn't about to force them to do something they didn't want to on our vacation. We do take different card games with us and enjoy playing a game on the Lido or Promenade decks. We never get to do that at home with our busy schedules.

I have never given them a bedtime, even at home, because I never needed to. When they were tired they went to bed. I never had to say a word. Their desired time to go to bed was usually the same time most parents set for their kids. Even now at 17 and 19 they go to bed between 9-10 pm. I am usually the last one up at 11 pm. On a cruise they hang with us in the evening. We go to dinner, see the shows, go to the family comedy, get a late night snack....by then they are tired and ready to go to bed. Even on vacation they are done between 10 - 11 pm. Sometimes DH would like to see the adult show. I am always to tired to go by the time they start...one of the reasons I never got to a mid-night buffet when they had them. He now has DS to go with. If they were any later than they are now they would both have a hard time staying up to watch them. I guess we are just not late owls...we like to get up earlier and enjoy the day.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Just look at the crowds and u can see the one that is more popular, lots of seats at the family shows and almost every adult show is standing room only. I'm sure the waiters and bar staff really enjoy serving all those sodas to kids on the soda program instead of adults buying drinks and tipping them.:rolleyes:

Perhaps, and it certainly seems the adult shows are more popular. But the family shows are at the same time as the main theater shows, so I don't think it's necessarily a fair comparison.

Aside from that I'm certainly not going to change my opinion of something because the waiters may not get enough tips. We paid tips for the soda card total also. I can also guarantee if they make a trip for my kid they will also be getting a tip for some sort of rum drink from me. :D

I would not want the adult shows any later than 10. I don't know that I could stay awake. Its very hard to fit everything in. I would just suggest missing the evening show one night to catch the earlier comedy show instead. We cruised this past November with my DS (17) and he went to the adult shows with us. No one ever checked his id.

They often have two comedians onboard at the same time -- they alternate sets.

Why not have one do family friendly in the big theater while the other does adult in the smaller lounge at 9pm, and then either/both do adult at 11 or midnight?

You could see family early AND adult late, not missing a joke.

They often have two comedians onboard at the same time -- they alternate sets.

Why not have one do family friendly in the big theater while the other does adult in the smaller lounge at 9pm, and then either/both do adult at 11 or midnight?

You could see family early AND adult late, not missing a joke.

Good idea. John Heald just posted on Facebook about the comedy shows and there is a large number of people looking for them to be moved to the main theater. I was just looking at a Funtimes and saw one night with adult at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30. Heck I'd be okay with family friendly at 11:30.

I sometimes go to both the family friendly and adult shows with same comedian, if they can be funny without being filthy you know you will have good show. It takes real talent to be funny and not rely on the shock value of the f word and others for a laugh.