Transportation from FLL to Miami hotel...

KPfromCT

We are flying in the day before the cruise, and staying at the Intercontinental in Miami.

Is there a shuttle that will take us from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, or do we need to do taxis.

We are not renting a car.....

Thanks Everyone!!!!!:D

We have used SAS before

If staying at the IC make sure to have your IHG rewards# It is good for 10-15% off of food at the hotel

Also I think it is $10-$15 to upgrade to a POM view

My husband and I flew into FLL for our last cruise out of Miami. Our hotel was in Miami and it had a shuttle service to the cruise port. We opted to hire a car service to drive us from FLL to our hotel. We thought the cost was reasonable ($65.00) and a town car met us at the airport. The communication was great and we didn't have to deal with a shuttle situation. We were comfortable during the significant drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and I would choose this option again without hesitation. The company we used was Transportation 100. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

We have used SAS before

If staying at the IC make sure to have your IHG rewards# It is good for 10-15% off of food at the hotel

Also I think it is $10-$15 to upgrade to a POM view

Thanks for the tip!!!!

Would definitely do the upgrade for that price.

Fingers crossed!!!!!

My husband and I flew into FLL for our last cruise out of Miami. Our hotel was in Miami and it had a shuttle service to the cruise port. We opted to hire a car service to drive us from FLL to our hotel. We thought the cost was reasonable ($65.00) and a town car met us at the airport. The communication was great and we didn't have to deal with a shuttle situation. We were comfortable during the significant drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and I would choose this option again without hesitation. The company we used was Transportation 100. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Significant? It's only about 40 minutes.

We are flying in the day before the cruise, and staying at the Intercontinental in Miami.

Is there a shuttle that will take us from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, or do we need to do taxis.

We are not renting a car.....

Thanks Everyone!!!!!:D

That is really a good question because last year I flew to FLL and was staying in south beach before the cruise but SAS transportation would not go to the hotel from FLL. I do not know if it was because the hotel was in South Beach or all hotels in general.

Gary

That is really a good question because last year I flew to FLL and was staying in south beach before the cruise but SAS transportation would not go to the hotel from FLL. I do not know if it was because the hotel was in South Beach or all hotels in general.

Gary

Yeah. I just saw on their website that they no longer go to South Beach, Miami Beach hotels, or Miami International Airport hotels. But they still go to downtown Miami hotels.:D

Thanks!!!! How many passengers in your group? We have total of 6. How do you think that would effect the price? Thanks!!! I would rather drive in a Town Car than a shuttle bus.:D:D

Yeah. I just saw on their website that they no longer go to South Beach, Miami Beach hotels, or Miami International Airport hotels. But they still go to downtown Miami hotels.:D

That is a is bummer because last year in March I used go shuttle($24.15 including tip) It took about 1.5 hours. This year I am using go shuttle also but in April so hopefully it will not take as long. SAS transportation is a good service I use it going from POM to FLL.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

We just flew in last month to Ft Lauderdale to Miami. We stayed at Intercontinental. After reading the reviews about taking shuttles and a couple guys took 1-2 hours, we did the town car. We got there in less than a hour. We used John's Car Service. He has all size cars. We had a beautiful black town car. He was wonderful. Nothing like the idiots we had last year that ruined our suitcases and didn't know what the heck he was doing. He called us as we were walking down stairs. Told us to call him once we got our luggage. He was there in 2 minutes. I would call him. I am sure he has a car that would accomodate 6 people. He is very professional.