Advice on stateroom 6029 Queen Mary 2

Minz

Hi, we have selected stateroom 6029 on a Queen Mary Transatlanic crossing ( mainly because we prefer a Pullman for our child) and we declined a balcony (neither of my cabin mates are keen on the proximity to water) and got a fantastic rate. There is one review that indicates the room may be a tad noisy due to being below the promenade deck but the location seems to be quiet and forward (a benefit for those who adore a bit of movement). If anyone has any input on this stateroom and if the noise will be a problem, I would appreciate knowing. We are quite a relaxed trio and never mind a good walk - do not use elevators as long as our legs are good and we are not going up more than 3 flights of stairs!

Many thanks in advance!

*** orginally posted in cabin selection thread and moved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have not stayed in that cabin, but we usually stay on deck 6. It is a very convenient location.

Noise complaints on deck 6 (as I understand it) most commonly stem from someone running on the promenade above, early in the morning. Maybe, a "thump, thump, thump" as the runner quickly passes overhead at a particularly vigorous pace.

We have seen signs posted on the promenade telling people not to run before a certain hour (I think 9 o'clock), but occasionally someone seems to miss the signs. This, however, is unusual.

We were on the QM2 once when staterooms near the laundry were bothered by loudly-chatting people at 7 a.m. when the laundry opened . After complaints, staff posted a sign that the laundry would not open until 9 o'clock (and kept it locked until then). I thought this showed that they take noise complaints seriously.

If someone did run too early, I think it would be a mistake not a disregard for people sleeping below. I think if there was a complaint, staff would take action and the problem would be solved.

I don't think people in deck 6 cabins hear walkers above, just vibrations from particularly vigorous runners--which shouldn't be before 9 o'clock. As the day wears on, it also becomes too crowded for "serious" running on the promenade. So, it isn't like runners' noise would start at 9 o'clock and continue throughout the day. There are great treadmills in the gym and often not "very many" runners on the ship who try to run on the promenade.

I think you will be happy and comfortable in that cabin. Please report back after your voyage and tell us what you think.

Hi, we have selected stateroom 6029 on a Queen Mary Transatlanic crossing .....

Hi, we were all over QM2 now and as well across the aisle in 6028. No Noise from above, very quick in the Commodores and the library, not far from the clever layout of the Kings Court, but miles from the dancing floor. And the best of all is the movement when in heavy seas!!

kind regards