Soda

allilivesay

Contemplating whether my mother and I should bring a 12 pack on or just forget it and by a coke a day or something. Where do you buy cokes? We are on the fantasy. How much are they? To the people who have lugged them on, is it worth the hassle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Contemplating whether my mother and I should bring a 12 pack on or just forget it and by a coke a day or something. Where do you buy cokes? We are on the fantasy. How much are they? To the people who have lugged them on, is it worth the hassle?

It depends on how important they are to you... Cokes cost $1.95 per can plus 15%... We don't bother bringing them but we also only buy one a day at the most per kid. Sure, it'd be cheaper to bring one but that would entail dragging them with you in case you got thirsty or running back to the room when you were. To us it isn't worth the hassle, but if we were buying several a day, I'd bring them. (Or splurge for the bubbles card...)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, I do cart on what I need (for in-cabin consumption mostly) so I don't have to get someone to bring me something at midnight from room service, or have to hussle all the way down to the lido buffet for a juice from the juice machine. On a 7 day cruise the 12 pack of sodas will get finished, although on a 3 day cruise they don't (hint!!!!).

I do get the soda package for sodas when I am around the ship, and do get the benefit of using both methods.

Is a cup of ice free? Like if we put a can in our pool tote or something, would someone bring us a cup of ice?

Well they might bring you a free cup of ice, but you should then be kind to tip them for the "service". Would you tip in that instance? The server will likely look at you as if you are drinking hard-liquor on the quiet - especially since you are not making any form of liquid refreshment purchase and only getting ice.

I would not do this, but if I did need to then I would go fetch the ice myself.

You can buy pop at any bar. I always carry my own on, not in a 12-pack, but instead 12 individual cans of various flavors. This is allowed too. I put them in my 24" suitcase, too large for airplane carry-ons, but no problem at all for cruise carry-ons. It's a wheeled suitcase, so it couldn't be any easier to "lug" my sodas & other carry-on items around with me. We find a spot on lido deck to sit down, then take turns getting lunch, and relax until rooms are ready. It actually takes more effort to carry one drink around in your hand than it does to "lug" the wheeled suitcase around. I'll purchase the occasional drink on board, but since the ship doesn't have Pepsi products, I must carry on my own drinks.

The bottomless bubbles deal is $6.90 per day ($6 plus tip), plus tax if you purchase it in port, for adults. You can purchase it on day 2 and not have to pay for that first day. Other than that exception, you pay that amount for every day of the cruise. Fair warning. Their cans sit out unchilled, and they pour about 4 ounces into a cup overloaded with ice, so the drink is instantly watered down and flat. Ordinarily, they don't give you the whole can with the bottomless bubbles. They will when you purchase an individual soda. If you plan to purchase 3 or less per day, don't get the bottomless bubbles.

If you carry your own on and you don't bring a cooler to keep them chilled, you can use the cups & ice from lido deck. Or your room will probably have an ice bucket, although it melts fast, & not all stewards keep it filled. If you do bring a small cooler, some stewards will do a good job keeping it filled with ice. I love my soda already chilled & no ice to water it down.

Well they might bring you a free cup of ice, but you should then be kind to tip them for the "service". Would you tip in that instance? The server will likely look at you as if you are drinking hard-liquor on the quiet - especially since you are not making any form of liquid refreshment purchase and only getting ice.

I would not do this, but if I did need to then I would go fetch the ice myself.

You are perfectly able to consume the alcohol that you bought through Bon voyage. Why would you need to be stealthy? If you want ice... Just ask

A 12 pack of soda is easy enought to carryon in bag or backpack or rolling soft cooler.

Edited by tanyaewa

You are perfectly able to consume the alcohol that you bought through Bon voyage. Why would you need to be stealthy? If you want ice... Just ask

A 12 pack of soda is easy enought to carryon in bag or backpack or rolling soft cooler.

I was thinking the same! last cruise we took our Bon Voyage vodka everywhere except the MDR

The bottomless bubbles deal is $6.90 per day ($6 plus tip), plus tax if you purchase it in port, for adults. You can purchase it on day 2 and not have to pay for that first day. Other than that exception, you pay that amount for every day of the cruise. Fair warning. Their cans sit out unchilled, and they pour about 4 ounces into a cup overloaded with ice, so the drink is instantly watered down and flat. Ordinarily, they don't give you the whole can with the bottomless bubbles. They will when you purchase an individual soda. If you plan to purchase 3 or less per day, don't get the bottomless bubbles.

I solved this by buying a cup that will hold the whole can on board and telling them light ice. I still get enough ice to cool the soda and enough room for the full can

Edited by facepirte

You are perfectly able to consume the alcohol that you bought through Bon voyage. Why would you need to be stealthy? If you want ice... Just ask.
I was thinking the same! last cruise we took our Bon Voyage vodka everywhere except the MDR

LOL, I did not think of Bon Voyage purchases, just the rum-runner club. :eek:

We try to stop somewhere before boarding and pick up a couple packs of the bottled sodas to take onboard. We're not big soda drinkers, but we like an occasional glass so it works out much better for us than going to the bar to buy what we want or the Bottomless Bubbles card.

Word of caution - I would recommend getting bottles and not cans. We had a can ruptured on the shuttle to the port last summer and it made a huge mess everywhere and let's just say the folks at the port authority security check were not very understanding or amused.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

When our son cruised with us we got him the soda card. If you drink 4 or more per day it is probably worth it. If you think you will only drink a few bring some with you. We asked our room steward to bring us ice on the first day and every day thereafter there was ice in our room. I usually put it in the fridge to keep it from melting so fast.

We also brought aluminum bottles and get juice and/ice in them on Lido deck and put them in our room fridge because they only have certain juices in the morning and then they switch to ice tea and lemonade.

You can always bring a can to the dining room too and the waiter will gladly get you a glass of ice and/or glass.

We aren't heavy soda/pop drinkers but we always fly in a day or two early. We usually get sodas/pop for the hotel. If we have any left over, we bring them. Otherwise we just buy them one at a time when we need one.

You can buy a can at any bar, budget about $2 each can. (Locally, I can get a 12 pack for $2.50. I own a fold away dolly with which I can tote the 12 pack easily. So for me it is worth the hassle.)

I have always carried on a 12 pack of Diet Coke. 15 plus cruises, last one Nov. 2013. No Problem, but They are now checking each can to make sure you did not hide a Beer can in the box. Cheaper than buying on ship! Put in fridge, but it only cools it, so get ice from buffet station or steward.

I have always carried on a 12 pack of Diet Coke. 15 plus cruises, last one Nov. 2013. No Problem, but They are now checking each can to make sure you did not hide a Beer can in the box. Cheaper than buying on ship! Put in fridge, but it only cools it, so get ice from buffet station or steward.

We are on the fantasy. And they don't have fridges in the room :-(