Makeup and hair on The Allure of the Seas

My fiance and I are thinking about have our wedding in Jamaica with Royal Caribbean on The Allure of the Seas. Has anyone had their hair and makeup done in the salon aboard the ship? If so how was your experience? Any info about your experience with Royal Caribbean and your wedding day would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I am also looking for advice on this. Couldn't see anything in their Spa brochure about makeup. We are getting married in Montego Bay next year sailing on Freedom of the Seas, but using a private wedding planner in Jamaica.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Markysgirl

I emailed Royal Caribbean wedding dept. And they said there is a hairstylist but no makeup artist. I am planning to go to a few department store cosmetic counter and have them do my make up in advance. That way they can show me what products to use and tips on applying them.

:)

Yes, we are all booked up now for April 15 next year beach wedding . Save the dates just posted:) and so far have 20 guest booked too. Good tip about makeup, thank you. My Aunt, who is my maid of honor is a hairdresser, so I will have to get her practicing on the makeup too now I think.

We are trying to decide between the beach and the gazebo. And we are planning for April 8th 2015. Who are you using for your wedding planner? Why did you decide to use a private wedding planner instead of the cruise lines wedding planner? Just by talking to family and friends I think we are going to have about 12 guests.

I love the idea of everyone going barefoot on the beach and just think you couldn't get a more beautiful backdrop than the ocean. We came very close to booking the Allure on that date, but thought for guests who haven't cruised it might be too big for them. After reading some not so good reviews about RCI weddings, we thought we would get more of a service from one on the island. We are getting so much more for our money and communication from Tropical Weddings Jamaica has been fantastic. Every email has been answered within a few hours. You should visit their Facebook page. They are launching their new website on April 4th, so it was down the last time I checked.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from my latest cruise on Royal Caribbean. I spoke with the girls at the Spa/treatments about makeup and they said they can do makeup for weddings, but you need to bring your own makeup. Just thought I would post this to any upcoming brides getting married on Royal Caribbean :)