Cove Balcony on the Dream, size?

photogineer

So, my cruise is coming up! The 3/15 sailing on the Dream, and I am anxiously looking at photos of my last cruise to get ready and I came across a few I shot of the NCL Epic when she was docked alongside us, which brought up a curiosity.

I remember noting when we saw the Epic how huge her balconies looked compared to the one we had (Junior Suite on the Carnival Ecstasy) and I was wondering how our balcony would compare this time.

So anyone who has sailed on the NCL Epic or her sister ships, or the Ecstasy/sister ships as well as the Dream, could you tell me what to expect? It's not really important, I'm just curious! I wouldn't mind if the balcony was the same size as the Ecstasy balcony, but I would hope it's larger given that the Dream is much larger. I'm also just plain curious how it compares to the Epic, so who can tell me?

Thanks,

Matt

I'm considering a cove balcony on the dream too, and found this thread to have useful info

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1125140

Says a cove balcony is 40sq Ft and a regular balcony is 35sq Ft.

There are some links with good pictures in that thread, too.

Wow thanks for the link! I'm catching up on that thread now.

Cove balcony is 40ft^2, does anyone know the dimensions of the balcony on the Ecstasy and/or Epic?

Thanks,

Matt

One of my all time favorite balconies! Mid ship, port side, cove balcony on the Dream! More private than any other balcony i have been on, and the sites and sounds of the ocean just feet below was great. One thing of notice was that there were loud noises coming from deck 1 and below on 2 of the nights sailing. Didn't bother me in the least, but sounded loud and constant for hours - sounded like being on a ship (wrenching metal sound, if that makes sense). Again, didn't bother me, but it was evident. One of the coolest rooms I have had and would definitely do a cove over a standard balcony any day.

The Ecstasy's junior "suites" are listed as being only 30 sq.ft. balconies, up there on Verandah deck. Many people report that they are very small. Many Carnival balconies are 35 s.f., but people say that the extra 5 s.f. makes a huge difference. The coves on Dream, however, are 45 sq.ft. There is a bit of an angle to the edge, so it's hard to know exactly where to stop measuring, but having measured one, I think 45 is about right. So certainly much bigger than your junior "suite" on Ecstasy.