OMG ....I love NCCL!

mrobstad

I got what I thought was a great rate on my Easter vacation cruise on the NCL Getaway....until the price kept dropping and I read on my roll call that another solo was upgraded to a balcony. So, I called my agent at NCL, asked for a balcony, and for $13 I got a balcony in a primo location on the 14th floor by the stairs/elevator! All for under $900 ! On a brand new ship! Sad I'll miss the studio lounge, but thrilled for a balcony!

Congrats. I just returned from a solo cruise on the Getaway in a studio cabin. On the first night, there is a meeting of all solo travellers (in any cabin on the ship) with a member of the staff. After that, every evening a gathering of singles is held in the studio lounge with the staff member and the studio access is kept open at this time only for those singles who do not have a studio cabin. So take advantage of these opportunities to meet other solo travellers. A lovely dinner was organized for us in the Tropicana dining room. Our representative was Stephanie.

Congrats! What was your original price for the Studio? was the $13 charge the difference between the time of booking Studio and current balcony price?

Last year I got the Studio for $999 and the balcony was then $1099 so it was around $105 for the difference (a few more dollars as the insurance rose over $1000 tier)

I went ahead and booked the Breakaway for $545 for a Studio in October ($819 with port charges and insurance)

I am wondering if my upgrade fee will be based on the price difference or is it ever lower?

Congrats! What was your original price for the Studio? was the $13 charge the difference between the time of booking Studio and current balcony price?

Last year I got the Studio for $999 and the balcony was then $1099 so it was around $105 for the difference (a few more dollars as the insurance rose over $1000 tier)

I went ahead and booked the Breakaway for $545 for a Studio in October ($819 with port charges and insurance)

I am wondering if my upgrade fee will be based on the price difference or is it ever lower?

I thought I had a great price at about $879....I kept asking for things as price dropped and got OBC, dinner at Cagneys....but then someone on my roll call said her mom got a balcony from a studio, so I called and asked. I don't know how to compare price to balcony price since I'm still solo....reservation looks a little screwed up cuz I had prepaid gratuities and I don't see that listed....will keep you posted.